The journey begins

Guest dsrtrat011

Guest dsrtrat011

I have only posted here once before and received very helpful replies. Well here is where we now are, at the beginning of our journey to lick this dreaded thing that afflicts us all. I probably will not be a frequent poster as I am really a pretty private person (did not even inform family until I had most of the answers). But, I really appreciate those who are more vocal and who give the rest of us (the lurkers) reason to hope for the best. Thank you.

Welcome. It may not seem like it but you are actually very lucky your cancer was found while surgery was still an option. I know you didn’t ask for advice, but for what it is worth, if doctors offer you an epidural, say yes… keep a pillow close by so you can hug it when you cough….you will feel a whole lot better once they take out the chest tube. Don't hesitate to ask questions. There are a lot of us here that have had lung surgery (some more than once). Good luck and prayeres for great results.

Good luck on your surgery...not too much longer to wait...and blessed to be having surgery....best chance for the 'gold ring'

I had surgery in 2004 and I was fine with it....even the infamous chest tube didn't hurt bad...didn't even feel it when they took it out...but yes keep that pillow handy...I still have mine from the hospital (heart shaped) and sleep with it every night...a reminder how grateful I am to be here...Please come back and let us know how it went..

best of luck...PamS.