CT Scan Results

luvmydog2

I saw my Onc doctor today for my results. He said everything was looking real good for me. He said my only lung was in good shape. He also said that the CT showed a small cyst on my liver. I ask him if that was good, bad or typical. He said that was typical. He ordered a ultra sound for me in January. I wonder why he did not prescribe some treatment or medicine for it. He did not seem to worried tho. I do worry however that it may be the start of a met to the liver. Has anyone else ever experienced a cyst on the liver. I know women get cyst on their overies at times. I continue to pray for each and everyone of us each day.

Bruce

Hi Bruce, I can understand your concern. I had an appointment with my pulmonologist today - everything looks good but my concern is that they are missing something from just taking x-rays. If you are very concerned insist on something earlier than January - I have learned to be very pro-active about my health care and have found that the docs will accomodate if insurance covers it. Take care and I will be praying for you. Nancy

Bruce,

I have a spot on my liver the surgeon believes is a cyst and is not at all concerned about. I also have a spot on my hip bone that's been there, and hasn't changed at all, that isn't concerning him either. He just noted them and moved on... to give me a clean bill . His words.

I guess he doesn't know about NED.

I have heard him say NEMD -- no evidence of metastatic disease, when someone with prior mets turned up with clean scans.

Good luck to you!!

Warm Regards,

MaryAnn

XOXOX

Bruce,

Buddy has had two cysts on his liver since before the operation back in 08/02 and they are still there. Cysts are not problems. It probably has been there for years. Let sleeping dogs lie. Don't worry about cysts....The only time to worry is when the radiologist decides to make a cyst a possible met when it still a cyst......

Hi Bruce,

Congrats to ya on the good check up. :):) , Also, had the ultra- sound for the same reason, doc said it was just calcified deposits, not a problem!! , I just figured it was from too much Vodka :shock::shock:

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"