WAITING GAME AND PAIN

We know my hubby Dan has lung cancers , been thru chest xrays, pet scans, cat scans,, mri,,, 3 different biospy it has been since aug 19,, and still waiting for the last biospy report , due to go see the head dr on the 29th,, In the meantime Dan is really suffering with cancer pain,,,, he is on pecoet 4 times a day amd morphine 2 times a day.. he cant move much,,, How much waiting and suffering is my sweet hubby supose to handle ?? We and others are praying every day,,,

where is Dan being seen at or being treated at. THis is an outrage to hear of someone being treate d like this!! Let me know. YOu need to call whoever the last person is that He saw and start fussing LOUDLY about this Pain management is priority ONE for cancer Patients.

FAMILY DR CHANGE DAN'S MEDS TODAY FROM 30 MG OF MORPHINE TO 60MG TWICE A DAY ,, STILL ON PEROCET,, MRI ON NOV 5 SEE HEAD LUNG CANCER DR AGIAN ON OCT29,,,,, NOW,, THE DR SAID TODAY,, USALLY ONCE YOU HAVE A CANCER AND U GET A DIFFERENT KIND OF CANCER IN THE SAME AREA,, THERE ISNT MUCH HOPE IS THIS TRUE ????

Is this an oncologist talking because I would have knocked him back to the womb for that comment. Has Dan been seen by an oncologist or just a Family doctor. HE needs to see an oncologist. If all the doctors do are administer pain meds then they are probably right, but if they treat the cancer then that is another story. How does this doctor know that there are 2 different cancers involved? Has this been confirmed yet? Has anyone told you exactly what is going on? Something should be done for the cancer not just the pain. Sorry do not know the answers to these questions just Med staff getting me angry from what you are telling me. I would strongly recommend a second opion and FAST!!!!TIme is wasting and thisis ridiculous how you are being treated by this staff.

This is the family dr ,, mangering the pain,,, saw a onolgist dr one time for 5 mins he send dan to the surgeon lung cancer dr inhad 9 yrs ago,, who on the 16th did a small open chest biospy and i think (hope) we get the result on the 29th,,, dan had spindle cells cancer 9 yrs ago,, it started on his spine anbd then attach to his lung, ribs, chest wall nerves and muscle,,,, now they say cancer in the lower righ lobe and enlarge chest lymph nodles thet are around his windpipe has cancer in them,,,,,, before he just had surgery and a radaiation mesh strip place and left in forever on his spine,,,,

Punky.............are you looking into getting another opinion on all this??? Where is St. Mary's in PA? I am in Lancaster County. It seems that a second opinion would certainly be warranted here. Pain at your hubby's level is unacceptable and so is you doc's manner. I'm sorry about it all.

Kasey

FIRST BOSPY WAS DONE BY THE LUNG DR HERE,,, NEXT WE SAW CANCER DR HERE FOR 5 MINS WE HAVE SEEN THE BEST TOP TEN LUNG CANCER DR IN PITTSBURGH TWICE WAITING FOR THE RESULT OF LAST BIOSPY,,, IS THERE EVEN TIME LEFT FOR DAN TO SEE MORE DRS AND MORE OF THE SAME TEST ITS BEEN 2 1/2 MONTHS,,, ALL DRS KEEP SAYING CHEMO , RADIATION AND THEN IF DAN DOES WELL WITH THAT THEN SURGERY AND MORE CHEMO,,, ALL DRS BUT THE FAMILY DR,,