Sallys Pet Scan results update

sallys

Saw my onc today, he is such a sweetie, I have a good doc that has my interest at heart. Okayl...my cancer is growing again and active. I will start Alimta next Thursday. One trmt. q 3 weeks and it will only take an hour as opposed to 5 hrs. Should have less side effects. Have to take folic acid before and during trmt. Also will have steroids for 3 days at trmt. time and the Vit. B12 inj. which I received one today, but also with each trmt. I am scheduled for 3 trmts. then another pet scan. Also, He wanted to use blastin (msp) along with it but fears hemorrhaging with me since coughing up blood was my first warning of cancer and also because it is the squamous cell CA. I will go ahead and do this trmt. tho I wasn't sure I would, we decided to do what ever we could at this time. Doc said it would only continue to grow and spread if I didn't and from the way it is acting I do believe him. I know many here have had the Alimta trmts. w/blastin combination and did well and some reacted. So, am hoping all goes well here with this and this little booger gets zapped!

love and prayers for all, Sally