Moffitt Cancer Center, & Morton Plant Hospital in Florid

Peachy

Hi Everyone,

I live in New Jersey and have decided to retire in July and move to Florida. My two sons live there. Does anyone have any information about the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida or the Morton Plant hospital in Clearwater, Florida?

I would appreciate hearing about any experiences, doctors, treatments anyone has undergone at either of those two facilities.

Thanks,

Peachy

Peachy: I don't know anything about the hospital you mention in Clearwater. The Moffitt Cancer Center, however, was one of the top choices my daughter researched for my diagnosis and treatment. She is a registered nurse who works on an onlcology floor in a hospital in Port St Lucie. She said she's known a number of patients who have gone there are were very satisfied with the facility. I picked MDACC because of my doctor's recommendation and because it was closer for me than Moffitt.

Good luck and happy retirement in Florida!

Judy in Key West

Peachy,

Here is the Website for it. Tell's you where they are located, what they offer, Trials, etc., etc.,

http://www.moffitt.org/ in Tampa, Fl

About Moffitt Cancer Center

Located in Tampa, Fla., Moffitt Cancer Center ( www.moffitt.org) is the only Florida-based cancer center with the NCI designation as a Comprehensive Cancer Center for its excellence in research and contributions to clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. Moffitt currently has 15 affiliates in Florida, one in Georgia and two in Puerto Rico. Additionally, Moffitt is a member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, a prestigious alliance of the country’s leading cancer centers, and is listed in U.S. News & World Report as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” for cancer as well as for ear, nose and throat. Moffitt’s sole mission is to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.

When looking for places, if you go into Google and type in the information your looking for, you'll get all the info you need and some.

Peachy, It's on Orange Avenue in downtown Orlando in what appears to be the section where all the hospitals and other medical facilities are. We stay at a KOA near Narcossee and it's about a 30 minute drive north and then west, I think. It operates in conjunction with Orlando Regional Healthcare, and MDACC and ORH are actually physically connected.

If you have any other questions, just ask. I think it's a great facility and wendyr's husband also goes there. They travel from Melbourne.

Judy in Key West

throughout all of myt research on trials and such I have never heard a Bad thing about Moffitt and get newsletters from them frequently. EXCELLENT CHOICE!