R.I.P. Daddy

dmc-family

RIP Daddy. On February 10th my dad lost his battle to lung cancer. Although I can hardly call it a battle since he never even had a chance to fight. He never had a chance with Chemo, he never had a chance with radiation, and he never even had a chance to make it home and not die in a lousy hospital.

Dads Story: http://lungcancersucks.blogspot.com/

Although I must worn you there are no fairytale stories with lollipops here.

I am so sorry that you had to go through this. It is so painful to lose someone you love but to know how wrong it was makes it so much harder. Believe me I know.

I will tell you that you need to stop blaming yourself. I blamed myself for something that led to Johnny's death for nearly a year. I agreed to something only to find out that they didn't need my signiture or anyone elses. The decision had already been make and I was used to make it look as if Johnny's wishes were being carried out instead of them forching him to another hospital. I thought I was doing the right thing at the time. As it turned out it didn't matter. They just used me.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you learned that you were used as well. I don't know why some doctors are like that. I don't know how they can even call themselves doctors. Not only are they responsible for the deaths of many people but they cause so much suffering for the patient and everyone who loves them.

My story is much different than yours but I will always know that my Johnny died at the hands of the ones we had to trust his care to. I have made my peace with that and believe me it wasn't easy. I had to do it for my own sanity and because I knew that Johnny loved me so much that he would be so hurt to see my anger and what it was doing to me. I may have forgiven but I will never forget. I had to learn that to forgive is not to condone. At times my anger still flares but for the most part I have learned to control it.

Cancer truly does suck and sometimes they people we have to trust are even worse.

I hope you can find some peace. What you are doing to help others is a good outlet.

I too am one who falls between the cracks. Come next February I will turn 65 and finally have at least the coverage that medicare provides. I am still not sure how much I will trust doctors. They have left a very bad taste in my mouth :!:

I wish I had the words to make things better but I don't. There is very rarely a fairy tale ending here sadly enough.. We always ahve ears to listen with adn shoulders dry enough to cry on though any time you need to vent plesae do so. Do not let the guilt get you down. YOU PERSONALLY did what you could. remember that God has a plan for all of us and we never know what it is though until he tells us in person. Do not let the guilt consume you like a burning fire. Your dad should and is proud of you for doing whatr you could to help him. Sadly though there were not enough others that could do as much as you....

Prayers and condolences and I hope the sun comes out and shines on you tomorrow. Let us knnow if we can help at all......

My deepest condolences goes out to you and your family. That was some story on his blog. Thank you for sharing that.

You wonderful dad will live on in your heart and through you and all his love one he will live on through all of you.

I am so sorry for your tremendous loss.

Maryanne