Mother with stage iv lung cancer

kim81sky

Hello-

My mom was diagnosed with stage iv lung cancer-adenocarcinoma-in April of '07. She did almost a year of Avastin and Tarceva, and is now on a trial med. called ABT869. Has anyone heard of it?

I am an avid researcher on anything related to this, and would love to know of anyone elses experience......

Kim

HI Kim-

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you need to be here but hope you will find the support and information you need.

I am sure that others will come along that may know of the drug you are referring to.

Please let us know how we can continue to help you.

Hugs - Patti B.

Welcome Kim. I too can't answer your questions. But I don' t recall seeing that particular trial on that board. Have you looked on cancergrace.org. (Someone please correct me if I have that website wrong.). In any case I hope you stay here and keep us posted on how you and your mom are doing. Prayers that the treatment she is on works.

Sandra

Hi, Kim, welcome!

I second Sandra's suggestion to visit cancergrace.org (the previous onctalk.com has been folded into GRACE, Global Resource for Advancing Cancer Education). There's a wealth of information there, especially on lung cancer, constantly updated by a Seattle oncologist who is an internationally-recognized expert on lung cancer and who gives high priority to promptly answering questions from people like you and me. A lot of us have "dual citizenship" so to speak, and have the same usernames there as here.

Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned