A New Message from ronda

Connie B

This message is from a NEW MEMBER who's user name is "ronda"

She had this message posted in someone elses thread and I felt it was in need of being moved to the right forum and a new thread.

Hello, My name is Ronda and I just found this site. I lost my oldest and dearest friend to lung cancer this past April. I am 54 years old and she and I met in high school in 10th grade and remained friends through out the years.

I was with her when she passed she died after a brave battle lasting less than one year after her diagnosis. She had small cell cancer and by the time it was diagnosed it had spread. Other than to keep her comfortable there was not much they could do. She was given one round of chemo but ended up so sick that they had to stop. She left behind a husband and 2 sons. Her name was Teri and she was not only the life of the party but she lit up the room with her dynamic personality.

I was glad that I was there for her and that she is no longer in pain. At the end I prayed that God would take her, but I miss her so much. I think that I had a delayed reaction and there are days now that I break down and cry. Especially when something happens that I would normally call and talk to her and now I can't call her. I reach for the phone and then remember she is gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Ronda,

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. My heat goes out to you. I know exactly what you mean by delayed reaction. I go through that myself from time to time for my mom and dad.

We are always here for you for support. If you want to tell us about your friend that may help with your healing.

Maryanne