365 days ago, my world changed forever...

phylsgirl

It was one year ago tonight on Dec 18 2007 at 7:38 pm my brother called me to tell me

the news that changes our lives forever. I can still remember every word of that conversation. I can remember I had just come home from Target purchasing the lastest cd of my musical pleasure. I didn't have a care in the world until 7:38pm that evening.

And after speaking with my brother and grandmother, I called my mother, who was in the hospital, resting as she was scheduled to have a lung biopsy the next day. I am to this day surprised at how "calm" I was speaking with my mom that night.

One year ago...365 days have passed... and in that time, the woman that knew me before I knew myself, who birthed me, nurtured and raised me has departed from this world. My first Christmas without her, my mom...

Tonight I put together the floral arrangement I am taking with me when I go home for the holidays to put on her grave. I started crying, but then again, I felt 'good' putting all the flowers together to create something special for my mom.

Then I thought about why I am making this floral arrangement and felt sad again. I guess that's how it will be for a while.

I don't know how my brother and grandma and I will do next week, but at least we will be together. But someone will be missed/missing.

One year ago...365 days have passed...and we as a family and me as an individual, our world was ripped apart a year ago tonight. I still can remember most, if not all of my mom's doctors' appt, I can still relive moments of the journey that began a year ago tonight.

How I hit the internet to find answers...how I didn't fall asleep until it was almost time to wake up the next day. I remember most, if not all of the past 365 days.

One year ago tonight...365 days ago..December 18, 2007 at 7:38pm the phone rang...-my world changed forever.

Peace and hugs to all....