Friday's Air

jaminkw

I like coming in and responding to only a couple of new things since my last visit and opening the Air. I've been getting up really early but getting stuck in the computer and getting a late start on my day.

I've been sticking to my resolutions for the New Year. I'm working out on my Total Gym, getting into my orchid room every day, and I called and located a cancer support group. I'm excited about it but it's on Tuesdays so I hope I can still make chat. I've commited to stopping by and seeing a neighbor today, am going out to dinner with neighbors tomorrow night. My massage therapist is supposed to call Sunday so I can help her learn how to chat on her herbal website. Sunday night I have an investment club meeting and Tuesday the new cancer group meeting. Wow.

In the past year I identified people contact as the most important thing in my life. I've known I've been so lacking in it since I retired my counseling office, but Ann, your getting to know you a week or so ago really startled me. People were listing all these people they'd seen that day and I had one, Dominick. It's not been much better when I'm home. I'm working on it. Then it will be a hard look at the quality of the relationships issue.

Will, where are you? My instincts lost track of your comings and goings with all my comings and goings over this holiday. Let us know you're o.k., o.k.?

Judy in Key West

Well it is a brisk morning here. We have -16 and with the wind chill it feels like -31. It will be sunny though so maybe I can work on my tan. :lol:

Judy - It sure sounds like you will be a busy lady for a while.

To answer your question about Jayla. I have not seen her in about a week but I am picking her up tonight for a sleep over on Tom insistence. He misses her terribly. I do too. I will make sure I check on all her parts and pieces.

Time to go see if my car starts.

Have a good day all.

Denise

Judy there is no slowing you down !!! Good thing you did retire because you would not have time to work anyway.

Denise I hope your car started. It is very warm here today. I haven't heard the temp yet. Gotta thank Shelli for the weather. LOL

Leslie I didn't need the sweater today because everything is nice and warm. But I should go shopping anyway. Do you know if they come in triple X small ??? LOL

Yeah, Yeah.. blame it on me! :) We had another no school day to day as the temps were down to -40 with the wind chill. Brrrr! The kids now have to make up 4 days at the end of the school year....at this rate.. they wont be out of school til 4th of july!

Nothing big planned for the day.. some of my friends that I used to work with at the day care are coming over this morning and we are gonna Wii Bowl.. That is if I ever get to leave my Mom's. I am waiting for the TV people to come and deliver the new tv. they say between 9-11.. which really means 10:58. LOL

Have a great day!

The sun is shining so far today. It was -22F this am but I am so excited this afternoon it is suppose to go up above zero They also predict snow starting this evening, o well. Soon I will go out and warm up the car then off to workout at Curves, then pick up groceries and a few errand. At rush hour about 5:30 I get to go to the airport to get my husband who is returning from San Diego.

Hope all have a good day today.

Donna G

It got up to about 45 degrees today. But at least I got to wear this toasty sweatshirt my Aunt and Uncle gave me. It's supossed to get down to the teens tonight.

I went to work at my parents' house today. I worked in Mom's room and it was hard. I took 3 bags of clothes to a battered woman's refuge house...actually I met someone at their storage facility because their location is hidden. I still have lots of clothes left....and still lots to do over there but it's alot for me to do alone.

Judy and Katie, I know what you mean about fostering "real" people relationships. When I'm off work, I realized that I sometimes don't talk to another person all day. May we all have success in that this year.

And Bruce, you bad boy, try a glove. :lol: There's 5 "sweaters" for ya, 'eh?

What a mess today has turned out to be.

My car would not start this morning so I had to pull Tom’s car up so I can jump it. Then I couldn’t get his hood to open. By the time I finally got it to release I was a Popsicle. I got the car started and went inside to defrost my buns. While I was doing that I got a call from Christy about O’Brien and his antics. To make a long story short, O’Brien was arrested this morning for domestic battery. Christy had to go down to the station for them to take pictures and they kept her shirt. She had a hearing this afternoon at 1:30 p.m. where she obtained a restraining order. Christy says this is the last straw and she is done with him. She talked to her building people and they are changing her locks free of charge. O’Brien’s was set at $2,500 so he won’t be getting out tonight.

Dakoda was supposed to go to the doctor’s because he is real sick and they had to reschedule that and they can’t get him in until Monday. I told Viv to take Christy and the baby to the ER so he can be treated. He sound’s horrible on the phone.

Well more update later. Gotta go.

Denise

The concensus is that Dakoda has the RSV virus. They gave him a breathing treatment at the hospital and he is coming home with an albuterol breathing tube thingy and some type of inhaler and a liquid steroid. Hoping he will be on the mend soon.

Denise

Katie and Leslie, sometimes I stick myself out there and worry that I reveal too much of myself. But I have to tell you, it was well worth it to have the two of you come forward and say you can relate. Katie, for the ten years before my dx I worked on a computer in a home office where I did the paper end of my husband's business and all the paperwork required for my counseling business. I did go to an office in town but only saw clients there. I woke up one day and realized I had no friends.

I thought I'd volunteer at the garden club grounds but was neglecting my own orchids. So new direction, I'm going to a face-to-face cancer support group on Tuesday. My decision to do it was greatly influenced by the quality of friends I've made here. It's run by a retired oncologist who I believe, in his capacity as volunteer for hospice, tended my friend Jim before he died. I am really looking forward to it. Here's to our success--a drink at the pub is in order!

Judy in Key West

P.S. Leslie, you were bad bad with the remark about the glove. Wish I had said it LOL.

Denise, we must have pushed send about the same time. I'm sorry about Dakota but glad they dx'd him. All these new things going around. I don't know what the RSV virus is but by the sounds of the treatment, it probably is a nasty one. Hope he's better soon.

Judy in Key West

Thanks Judy

Respiratory syncytial virus infection, usually called RSV, is a lot like a bad cold. It causes the same symptoms. And like a cold, it is very common and very contagious. Most children have had it at least once by age 2.

RSV is usually not something to worry about. But it can lead to pneumonia or other problems in some people, especially babies.

The doc did say he will recover from this.Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Denise