Monday's Air

jaminkw

Change is an inevitable part of life and I've always prided myself on being flexible. I've been watching the site for a number of weeks now and it's changed. It remains and always will remain, I believe, the most wonderful support site on the net. But it is no longer a place where people come to meet and great each other with daily bits and pieces of their lives. It's o.k., but I'll miss that part of it. I think maybe facebook has become the substitue for that aspect of the site because I hear it referenced with increasing frequency. I'd joined awhile ago because of family and friends but never really got into it. Maybe I'll give it a second look.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in Key West

Well Judy. I don't think it needs to change. I think the daily meet and greet was a good thing and I am sure many others did as well. Even those who just read it. I know I looked forward to reading the "daily air". And even if it isn't daily then that is ok as well.

After a long stretch of sunny weather here in Victoria, the rain has finally arrived. We usually have a fairly rainy winter but have had a big break from that in the new year. The crocuses are out and the daffodils are getting ready to burst. So the rain is good for that.

I am off for an ultrasound today....a follow up to the abscess I had removed in my most recent hospital stay. A month later, I still have a home care nurse coming to the house to change the dressing daily. It seems they took a big chunk out of me. I have had so many appts since I got out of the hospital but that is good as it gets me out of the house daily.

Happy Monday everyone.

Sandra

I'm very guilty of not being here every day, but not because I don't want to. I try and sneak in and add something while at work but that's not an option every day. Like you, I miss so many people from this board. I have been coming here for so many years and have made so many good friends along the way. I hope your post encourages members to check in every day!!!

Ann and Sandra, I appreciate the sentiment but I don't think this should be something people feel they have to do. You have to consider that maybe it's had it's day. And Ann, you do a great job as moderator of the Just for Fun Forum and I and many others enjoy your "funnies."

Judy in Key West

I too am negligent. I too have joined Facebook. BUT I do read everyday. I still feel I have many friends here. BUT my life has moved away from LC, it is 4 1/2 years since Earl died, although in many ways it feels like yesterday.

So I have no information that can help, each day I remember less and less of Earl's treatment. My Mother always said "Time is merciful' and I guess it is.

I hope this site does not go away. I know there are other sites for lc but I find them much more difficult to navigate. I believe the variety of forums here offers each of us a place to go for whatever we are looking for.

I see other long time members signed on at times, but they don't seem to post. Maybe this will encourage others.

Ginny, I certainly didn't mean to suggest the site had seen it's day! I was referring specifically to the Air and generally to the camaraderie that characterized the Just for Fun forum. I happened on this site at a time when empathy and information combined in a unique and special way with an ability to laugh and have fun in spite of the seriousness of our situations. For me, it really set this site apart from the others. That's what I suggested has seen it's day. That was the spontaneous combustion of the spirits of a number of funny people that you can't make happen. We will always endure, I am certain, as a support site peopled by wonderful caring folk.

Judy in Key West