Just need to vent

Mom has battled so hard for the past year and a half. None of us thought in the beginning that we would have as long as we have with her, and I'm grateful for every minute. I moved closer(2 hours instead of 30) and have had some amazing quality time with her. I am expecting my first child in May. That seemed to give her even more hope and reason to fight. We decided at the end of January that we would get married, and planned it for March 7, knowing that time is not our friend these days. Mom has been soooooo excited. She has struggled with her last 2 chemo sessions, but bounced back each time. She was doing so well, and then in the last week was down and then up. Yesterday we had to call the ambulance to take her to the hospital because she was suddenly to weak to even get out of bed. We hoped she would regain some strength to come for the wedding, but it was not to be. She told us several times in the last couple weeks to go through with it even if she couldn't be her. So we are.

I just can't get over how unfair it is!!! It is bad enough that we are losing her, but she was ok 2 days ago. Now this horrible disease is breaking all of our hearts, not allowing her to be here. She just wanted to be ok a few more days!!! Now I somehow have to get through tomorrow "one of the happiest days of my life" without her :(

I am so sorry to here this news. You can vent here anytime that you want....everyone understands! My prayers are with your family.

Today is a very special day...congrats! My mom passed Dec 5th, I can totally relate to how unfair this disease is. I also know in my heart that your mom wants you to enjoy today!

My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Dana

I am so sorry you are going through this at what should be the happiest time of your life. It is unfair and cruel, but you are honoring your mom's wishes and I hope that will give you some comfort today. I think your mom wants you to enjoy your day and to focus on the joy the day brings and not the sorrow. I know that is easier said than done, but it's ok to feel the joy AND the sadness side by side.

Susan

I know its so hard but don't give the disease the power to stop this. Even though physcially she won't be there she will be really in her heart from where ever she is such as the hospital/home etc. That is a good sign for her to be saying that, she is not letting the disease win over this. One thing I learned with my mom was that there were things I had no control over what so ever but things I did have control over I did them in spite of the disease and I think it gave my mom the hope and strength to go on with treatment etc. So, Congratulations to you are in order for tomorrow!!!

Many Blessings,

Marci

You are absolutely right - this disease is horribly unfair! I am so sorry that your mom wasn't able to be at your most special day. I hope that you managed to grab on to some good memories of your wedding day and that your mom rebounds once again. I am sure she will love looking over the wedding photos with you and sharing the day with you that way.

Linda

There are times when life is sooo unfair and it's so hard to watch our loved ones be sick and not be able to enjoy milestonesa as much as the would like to. I feel your pain; there are times when I'm so angry at cancer I can't think of anything else. But you have a wonderful day of celebration.

And you have your mom with you on this good earth! I'm sure you talked with her about the wedding plans. It will never take the place of not having her there; but today is a day to celebrate. You are married and your mom is there to talk to, even if she can't be at the wedding.

Congrats and enjoy. :-)

• 2 months later...