WEll, It has been 1 year.....

Mikee

and it seems like time has passed so fast and at the same time stood so still. My grief has subsided and still floats back to the top from time to time. I still am single and don't have a desire to date or go out with the opposite sex although that could change with meeting the right person I suppose. I know Char wouldn't want me dwelling on the past and not giving myself a chance at being happy for the rest of my life. I have a problem getting out of "The House" when I am not working. I don't have a large support group around me right now and family live 150 miles away. So I go it on my own A lot. I meet with my grief support gals once a month. It is 6 of them and 1 of me. We all lost our spouses close to the same time. I have found that their is not very many Men willing to meet and discuss their feelings in the open and with others. I find comfort in disscussing my plight with others. After this year that has passed I have come to the realization that god isn't sending my Charlotte back to me. I seem to havehad this idea that if I get back home that something myraculus will happen.I have started the process of going through her clothes and belongings. This has proven very a difficult and arduous task for me. I can't help but get melancholy while doing this. I do know that the breakdowns have become longer in between breakdowns. I have become active in more events to occupy my time while not working. Hope and pray for a cure to this dreadful disease that tears lives apart. I refuse to believe that this is in God's master plan for us to accept this disease and not Fight it!! I will do my part to fight this till my very last breath!! To you all I say to you to never give up and fight the battle that you have been delt.

Till my very last breath!!

Mike

Hi Mike. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I am glad there are people out there like you who will never give up. I hope your days and weeks get better but as I can see from others who post here that grief is a very long process. Take care

Sandra

Mike, I so admire the fact that you are dealing the way you are. I happen to think that group sharing is one of the most effective ways through the grieving process. Congratulations for being a man and willing to sit there and share!

I hope you find ever more peace as the days go by.

Judy in Key West

(((Mike))),

So many of us understand and we can relate all to well to what you are going through. It has been three years since I lost my husband, Mike (nice name :-) ) It's still hard. I have good days , but I'm still getting blindsided by things that trigger that painful ache deep inside. Just know that you aren't alone and I've been told that the only way out of it is to go through it. It just takes time. You can come here and post any time, we care.

Hugs,

Sue