Sundays Air

RandyW

Still dark.. 2 hours to Charlotte NC for a car show should be good weather today. Hanging out with Friends is Priceless!!!!! :lol::):D:wink:

Thankful for long daylight hours here. My son took my dogs for a walk and one wandered away from him. Searched for 9 hours because it was in a wooded area where wolves are common. Once darkness fell they would have gotten the dog. Found him at 10PM just at dusk. He found his way back from the mainland, across the ice, to the island where he had left my son. He just stayed there howling. He was a very happy dog when I found him.

Hi Bruce.

So glad you found him! I guess you don't have leash laws on the tundra... :wink:

Here in downtown Philadelphia, I wouldn't dare let my little dog off leash except in an enclosed space. Not that she would wander off -- she sticks to me like glue -- but, if she spotted a squirrel on the other side of the street, she'd go for it, without regard for oncoming cars, trucks, or buses. =:o

It's raining here.

Ellen

Hope you had a fun day at the car show Randy!

Calintay, I live in Victoria and our weather is similar although the sun is peaking through at the moment.

Bruce, I guess you sure did get your exercise looking for your poor dog. How scary! Glad you found him. I noticed that it has warmed up there considerably and believe you are having a fairly warm sunny day. You and the dog are probably all walked out though!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Sandra

Yes Ellen we have leash laws here as well in the City. But this was just outside the City on Great Slave Lake. That was why we were so concerned because it was near a wooded area and very few houses. My 2 dogs never wander off but Buddy chased another dog this time.

Sandra it was great here yesterday. Hit 18C ( 65F ) and people in shorts was a common sight. Our faces really got sunburned from being out on the lake. Same temps. today and the 17 hours daylight now is really nice.

Calintay and Sandra, even the most ideal places to live have occasional blah weather. It always reminds me of my beloved sister-in-law who died from cancer years ago. She loved rainy days and always said they made her feel very energetic.

Bruce, I hope you were home and not at the farm (I can never keep your travel schedule straight) when you lost your dog. If you were at the farm, you'd better not schedule any trips there for awhile until your back luck streak wears off LOL. Glad you found your pooch. And Ellen, I know a little of Phila and do know you don't let a little doggie loose there--I just remember that expressway. Can't remember how it's spelled but phonetically "Skukill!" Randy, I totally agree with your regard for hanging out with friends. It is priceless. Hope you had a great time.

Tomorrow is the big day--labs at 8 am, then on to PET, CT, MRI and visit with the onc at 2:45 pm. Long day. I'm very optomistic about my scans, but the way things are scheduled, I'm not happy at the prospect of being hungry!

Judy in Key West

Judy, that's perfect -- Skookill is how the natives say it. It's spelled Schuylkill. I once had a new Dutch colleague and the poor thing kept asking people for the 'skhoylkil' or something like that and of course no one knew what he was talking about. (It's a Dutch name.) Next time you go up to NJ, stop on by...

And lots of luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you.

Ellen

Randy....car shows make me smile and a 2nd place trophy would make scream out loud!!!

Ellen....you're so lucky to have that rain!!! Can you take a deep breath, blow hard and send that rain to Florida??? We're bone dry here!!!

Bruce....so very glad you found your dog. I love dogs and I get so worried when I hear of someone losing their dog!!!

Judy....Hope labs went well this morning and that onc visit is full of only great news!

The main thing I need prayers for right now is RAIN....and lots of it. It was last Mother's Day that some sicko decided to start several fires here and it was very dry. So many people lost everything in those fires and I pray we get some rain soon to avoid a repeat!

Hi Ann.

I'd be delighted to blow the rain your way -- it's either that or build an ark.

Yes, it's still pouring. And is predicted to continue for several days. :(

When they get a cure for lung cancer, they really ought to figure out how to control the weather. ;)

Ellen