Thursday's Air

jaminkw

Afternoon all. I'm sitting here in my coach in Port St Lucie waiting for my daughter to pick me up. She's taking me for a pedicure for Mother's Day. Nice, huh?

I have to admit, I'm having to tug on my boot straps a little harder every day since my scans on Monday. I was really down yesterday so I went and bought some new clothes LOL. They were really for comfort though because I gained so much weight on my first go with chemo. Oh please don't let me do that again! I really watch what I eat just to maintain this weight and it feels like too much! They'll just roll me around if I gain this much yet again.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Judy in Key West

Oh...a pedicure! Those words sound so good right about now that my feet can almost feel them!!! Hope you enjoy, Judy! This morning I took time to notice my feet and realized how rough sandals are on your feet in this land we call Florida. My feet love sandals and flip-flops and that's practically all I ever wear. I had to dress up the other night for a shindig and my feet absolutely killed me in those closed in heels. What was really funny was trying to get into panty hose. I hadn't worn panty hose in so long that I actually had to remember how to get into the darned things. I was so glad to get them off!!!

So...enough about me. It's another hot and dry day here on Florida's Space Coast. We haven't had any measurable rain since April 14th and we are parched. There is no rain in the forecast for the next 7 days. Please say a little prayer for us, as it was 1 year ago on Mother's Day that we had all of the fires set in our little town. While you're at it, a good rain dance couldn't hurt!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day in their little corner of the world.

Good afternoon all.

Judy, a pedicure sure does sound nice. Glad you went out for a little retail therapy as well. I too find that a new outfit does wonders to raise the spirits. I didn't gain any weight while on Alimta so you are probably worrying for not.

Ann, we have had a bit of rain lately so I will wish it your way.

It is supposed to clear to sun today and for the rest of the week. I hope so as my son has a ball game tonight and I don't feel like getting cold and wet like I did on Tuesday.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Sandra

The pedicure and Applebees with two nice young women for company was lovely. Great for my spirits.

Ann, I know what you mean about hose and closed in shoes. I haven't worn them for so long, I don't know if I could.

Sandra, thanks for the no-weight gain prediction, but what about the steroids I'll be taking for four days every three weeks! Oh my. Do send us some of your rain. We are definitely parched here in FL.

Judy in Key West

Right Judy.....the nasty steroids. I think I was prescribed decadron when on alimta but "neglected" to take the amount prescribed. I think I just took one the day of and then maybe one after. I didn't like what they did to me on first line treatment so I altered my prescription. My med onc has pointed out to me more than once that I do not have MD at the end of my name!

But hey, even if you do take them and they increase your appetite...what's a few pounds here or there in the grand scheme of things. I know we don't like them but you might as well not fret over it and just enjoy what you eat!

Wrapping up another day here. Went with my grandaughters(twins) to their middle school band concert. It was pretty good. Amazing what those young ones can do now, (5th graders). There was one little quy played a drum solo. I think hes gonna be another Ringo Starr! I been having alot of pain in my left knee the last couple of weeks. I think it is arthritis because I get the same pain in my upper left arm. Nothing that a couple of ibprofen dont take care of tho. I just hope it doesnt get worst. Life has been good to me today and for that I am grateful. Goodnight everyone.

Hey Mike, my husband and I did a poetry reading at my grandson's school today. Great getting to grandkids events. We're going to try to get up here to Port St Lucie in time to see him in Annie. It will mean coming up a few days early than I need to for my chemo but he's worth it.

Judy in Key West

PS I did it again, responded on Friday to Thursday's Air. Oh well Mike, I was just wanted to chime in on the grandkid fun.