Need to Vent.....

Ann

I'm really stressed today and just need to vent. I'm sure that some of you remember the situation I was in about a year and a half ago, when I lost my job. If you remember, my boss had developed an addiction problem (cocaine) and he and his wife were divorcing. I went through some terrible times while working for him and trying to keep his business afloat while he was in and out of jail and rehab facilities. Well, their final divorce hearing is tomorrow and I have been served a subpeona by his attorney to appear in court. I had to go through this about 6-7 months ago and it was a nightmare. He has this smart a** attorney that seems to get a kick out of making people very uncomfortable while on the stand. This couple have a lot of assets to divide and the custody of three little girls will be decided. I have a great admiration for the mother but no use my former boss. I will tell the truth but, after all this time, there is a lot I have forgotten. I kept the books and I remember nothing about the numbers. I'm just so dreading going through this. This man is not a nice person and to be frank, I am very fearful of him. So, please say a few prayers for me tomorrow.

Hi Ann,

You already know what to expect from the attorney? That's good. Just remember to listen to the question, pause a moment, and only answer the question asked - don't speculate, say as little as you can, and "I don't remember" is a perfectly acceptable answer.

Good luck, hope it goes easily.

Thanks for all of your supportive words! I just hate this because it's someplace I definitely do not want to be!!! Working there was a JOB, I did my job...over and beyond. It wasn't my fault that he became an addict and blew his life.

Katie...I've plan to do just as you say and celebrate that this is finally the end of any connection with these people.

To make matters worse, this bum still owes me for three weeks salary plus my two weeks paid vacation that I never took. I know I will never see that $$$ but it burns my behind to be put in this situation by him. I have to take a day off work (no pay) and drive all the way to the north end of our county, which happens to be over an hour drive each way. So, I'm out even more now.

I just need to take deep breaths and meditate!!!!

Katie....This is not a depo. It's their final divorce hearing. Florida is a no fault divorce state but these two have a lot of assets to divide and there is still the custody issue to be determined. So, I'm not really sure of what to expect. They had a preliminary hearing months ago and the attorney was a bear. Since I kept the books for the company, there were a lot of questions to determine his capability to pay child support. I answered everything to the best of my capability but that was a long time ago. I don't remember anything about the numbers now. But, I so remember a lot about his bad behavior and it would probably help him more if I stayed home, as her attorney will be sure to ask me all about that in a cross-exam.

Hi Ann

Just read your post. Sorry Iam late. By now the hearing is over and of course Iam curios of the out come and how you held up.

Let us know the details.... I hope that bum got what he deserved!

Maryanne

You guys won't believe this one!!! I took off from work, made the hour trip north and was there until 5:00 yesterday. Apparently, ex-boss' attorney is not the sharpest tack in the box and isn't too good at time management and scheduling. My paperwork told me to be there at 1:00. I got there about 20 minutes early (drove fast). There were people there, when I got there, that were told to be there at 9:00 yesterday morning that still hadn't been called to testify. They finally started calling those people around 2:15 or so. At 5:00 his attorney came out and told me they wouldn't have time to call me! I was furious, as I had been sitting on a very uncomfortable bench, like the wooden slatted ones found in yards, for hours. My back was killing me, my nerves were wrecked and I had the worst headache I have ever had in my life. I told him there was no way my boss would let me take off another day and that I COULD NOT come back today. He said he was releasing me but asked me to keep my phone near, in case he has to call me back today. I was so mentally exhausted last night that I came home, showered and was in bed right away. I'm too old to take this stress...lol!!!