Sunday's Air

jaminkw

It's barely 1 pm so I thought there was still time to get in a Sunday's Air. It's a beautiful sunny day in Key West and when I finish here I'm going to try to bike. I made myself go out to dinner with friends last night (I'm old and hate 7:30-8 pm dinners) and will do so with other neighbors again tonight. Thank goodness an early one.

It's been a rough week. I talk tough but don't think I've resolved this setback in my mind yet. I finally called an older cousin whom I love and who recently lost her husband. She felt bad, she said, talking about her problems to me. I assured her it was just what I needed, to talk to her and shift the focus from my cancer. But much later the conversation ended on a familiar note--with absolute conviction she assured me that she knows I have the determination and will to win this fight and I'll do whatever I need to do until...they are coming up with new treatments every day. Nice, good, appreciated but sometime I worry that I have so many people believing in me that's it's a big crowd to let down. People have always told me I have a great attitude--now I say, yes but look what it got me. The cancer's back. And I laugh.

Sorry, the Air is supposed to be upbeat but I guess I just needed to be real for a minute.

Judy in Key West

Hello everyone,12:30 here and windy. Threw the baseball back and forth with my grandson for awhile but had to get out of the wind. Did anyone else watch the Farrah Fawcett story Friday night? I never was a Charlies Angels fan or really paid much attention to her but I really have a sincere respect for here now. She is battling anal cancer that has now spread to her liver. But its a story that so many here know all to well. Its so uplifting at times and so very sad at others. At the end when her son comes to visit her in his jail suit and ankle cuffs and she doesnt reconize him is a real tear jerker. And it also shows all the pain the caregivers go thru.Anyway, I quess just have had that show on my mind since watching it. Im hoping the wind fades out a little so I can ride my little honda 250 awhile this afternoon. Hope you all have anice Sunday.

I'm usually not in the 'air' of the day as I usually feel don't have anything of any consequence to offer. But hey, JUDY......don't you ever check you inbox????

Ok ~ since I'm here ~ it's cold here today, in the mid 50's. Friday it was 90. I wonder if that's why I am sick today :cry: ? Fred was off to church alone. Sometimes I can't trust him on his own - he gives away all our money :? . The last time he went alone he came home and told me we had 'adopted' a little boy from Gutamala! Now over the past 2 years this has cost us dearly :wink: ! Fortunately today he just came home with a grocery bag to fill with groceries :wink: !

Hope everyone is off to a good week - and Judy - sometimes hearing how brave we are just doesn't cut it. So cut yourself some slack. Hearing that all the time and that we will fight and have such a great attitude - well - just adds a lot of stress sometimes when we just don't need it.

Kasey

Mike, dang I wanted to watch that show. I went out but could have recorded it. I just didn't take notice when it was on. Wind is blowing here too. Went for a bike ride and part of the way back was into a head-wind. I was going so slow I thought I'd have to get off and walk the bike lol.

Kasey, I do remember you pm'd me but it was on one of my really bad days. I'm going back to reread it and reply. Thanks for understanding the rah rah blues. That's why we are all so close here--someone is sure to "get it." I loved the story of Fred and the Gutamala adoptee. So just fill that grocery bag and be gratful lol.

Must be endorphins. The bike ride cheered me up.

Judy in Key West

We have had some blue sky for 3 whole days. I've spent a little time on the back patio reading, and watching at least two Wilson warblers in the cherry tree. I think I spotted 2 males yesterday, so there may be 2 couples. Little flashes of light.

5 tomato plants have been planted, along with some seeds for various green things. It took me two weeks...

We defrosted and hit 70 degrees this afternoon with a breeze. Just got back from exercising the dogs at the dog park. Pizza for supper. Glad the exercise helped you Judy. Glad your hubby was restrained and just got groceries Kasey.

Donna G

Way gorgeous day here today, about 80 degrees, no wind, no clouds. Sugarbear and I went for a long ride on a short road, about 90 miles of dirt roads in the Medicine Bow Natl Forest. we found a really nice campground for later in the year, still has alot of snow in it right now. It's about 8200 feet elevation, covered in pines and aspens and creeks and rocks. The little campground only has 5 camp units in it and is never very crowded. I can't wait for warmer days and better health to go and spend a weekend. Hey Judy one of the things I'm getting tired of hearing from folks is, "well you are sure looking good, your color is good and you look so healthy". Sometimes how I look has very little to do with how I feel, sometimes I wish I was in a wheelchair and dragging oxegen around 24/7 so I could look as sh1^*y as I feel. Ahhh, that's out, thanks for letting me revel in a good day and whine about it too. LOL

Donny