Going through the motions....

Caren

I haven't cried for quite a few days now, although there isn't a minute of the day that I'm not thinking of dad and just how much I miss him.

It has been 3 weeks and 4 days now, since he left us, yet it feels like I've been walking through an invisible fog for so much longer than that.

I feel quite strange actually because I feel as though I am coping pretty well with everything and yet my mother in law mentioned last weekends horrendous weather and yet I can't recall what the weather was like and so that shows that I may be awake and going through the motions of each day, but I must have my mind elsewhere most of the time.

My husband and children have been wonderful and so thoughtful of my feelings. I love them all so much.

Hi Caren!

I just wanted to tell you that I completely relate to what you are saying. It will be four months tomorrow that I lost my mom and I too, feel like I am just going through the motions. The fog is still as thick as ever with for me, no sure sign of thinning anytime soon. We go on because we have to for our families and ourselves but nothing will ever be quite the same, will it? I myself, feel guilty for not crying every day that she has passed, but I think we have to be strong for our families and just do what we can to get by and handle losing such important loved ones. :0(

Stay strong! I'm glad to hear that you have such a wonderful support system behind you !

Hi Caren,

Just stopping by to offer a word of sympathy on the loss of your Dad, and hoping that you find better days moving forward.

What a lovely gift to have a loving husband and children who are sensitive to your feelings. It is truly a blessing.

Barbara