Jump to content

Monday's Air


Recommended Posts

Only have time for one post and it had to be and Air. I woke up feeling "GOOD" for the first day in ages. My daughter reminded me yesterday morning to get back to basic. I highly allergic and when the season is bad, it's time to check all my food allergies. I've been sloppy about my soy and dairy and eliminated them yesterday. I also slept on the couch in the front of the coach instead of the back bedroom and went to bed at 9:30 instead of midnight. Oh, and the steroids started yesterday lol.

All in all, am feeling good. Going for my treatment this morning and have modified Ned's plan for concrete poop (sorry, as we say only on this site can you talk about that stuff) and am hopeful I'll do better on that score.

Hope you all had a great father's day. We did at my son's with his wife and kids. The meal (barbeque chicken) was great and the kids were so good and it was a good time for all I think.

I'll check in later. Have a marvelous day all.

Judy in Key West

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Judy....Here's hoping your treatment goes well today. I'll be thinking of you and sending positive vibes in your direction.

Well, it's still scorching hot here on Florida's Space Coast. I was listening to the news at 7:00 this morning and the temp was already approaching 90. It's supposed to be 98 where I am today and that doesn't factor in the humidity, so they say to expect feeling like it's over 100 degrees. I am thankful that I have an inside job with lots of cool air. I'm also thankful that this job will be what helps me pay the enormous electric bill that's going to hit us here in Florida. I keep my thermostat set at 78 and feel cool enough inside. I have tile floors and lots of ceiling fans, so both of those help out a lot.

We babysat on Saturday night and I have to tell you that my grandchildren completely amaze me. They are so sweet and so smart! Since when can a 17 month old count to 10 and sing the ABC song???

I look forward to hearing from all my friends here on the MB today and pray that life is good in your little corner of the world!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck with the treatment Judy! My wife and I are going to go to the city pool today . I have turned into one of those people I used to laugh at as a kid. I gotta stick my toe in first and go in a little at a time to get used to it. By time I finally get my whole body in the water it is time to leave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had to check in tonight. They are coming to our RV site to take the coach into the service bay at 7:30 am. Oh my! I'm usually up early but not dressed and ready to go out. The good news is that Lazy Days also sells RV. To try to promote sales they have a Crown Club where you can go while your RV is being serviced. We waited there this evening whiling away the time with a nice down to earth couple who somehow also made it here to a place that looks like it should be for the rich! Anyway they give you complimentary drinks and a nice

appetizer bar from 4-7 pm. Tomorrow they'll serve breakfast from 7-9 am. Not bad. I hate to see the service tab though.

It's been eventful--first the slide doesn't open then when we come back from the Crown Club this evening we loose all power. It's back now. RV's are like boats. Can you say bottomless money pit. What can I say, my husband likes toys.

Hopefully we'll be on our way tomorrow evening or Wednesday morning. We're not out of FL yet and have miles to go.

Have a great evening.

Judy in Sheffner FL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone. I am checking in on the air after a wonderful long weekend with my sister and her kids. We did lots of touristy things, including whale watching! And we went out for lots of yummy lunches and dinners. Topped that all off with a father's day brunch and a relaxing afternoon.

I saw my med onc today and went for chemo. Unfortunately all my gallavanting about town has caused my right leg to swell (that is the leg that has the dropped foot). I told the doctor it was because I had been out and about so much but she still insisted on an ultrasound. So after my first chemo of round #3 of navalbine, I trotted off for an ultrasound. No blood clot as I suspected. Just means I have to sit around and keep my leg up for a few days. So after a very busy day I will now check out and go put my feet up!

Have a nice evening everyone!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sandra, it sounds like a wonderful time with family. I love playing tourist with family in Key West. I'm glad you have a cautious doc, better safe than sorry. And I'm really happy to hear you can go out and have a great time and then follow the doctors orders and go home and rest. Good girl!

Judy in Seffner FL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sandra sounds like you had a great weekend. Are you sure that a Prairie girl can tell what a whale looks like ???? LOL I went to the farm so I will trade you a buffalo for a whale. LOL Great to hear you had such a nice time with your visiting sister.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.