Monday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All. Ann, I want you to appreciate what a good girl I've been with the morning Airs lol.

I'm in a foundry parking lot again but don't feel too sorry for me. The accommodations (my RV) are quite comfortable. Sandra, I hope your batteries are recharged for the morning trek in your jammies, love it! It's really hard not to push it just over the line when you're feeling good. Then you just have to rest and regroup. ts, I loved your Sunday Air post! The salmon you caught was more than I did. We took a long walk and came back and met our neighbors. We all sat around and yakked for hours so I never did go fishing. But being with people was good.

Well, the sun is shining. It's chilly here in Rochester IN (Denise I get that so near and yet so far) but I expect it will warm up as the day unfolds. I saw a bluebird among the many more common birds at the campground before we left. Just a brief look before it flew off but it was great. The drive to town through the country was beautiful. Saw a deer in the field and a ROUND red barn. Never saw one of those before. It was really cool.

Believe it or not, I really really have to get to work today. Drag out the printer and get in the computer. I haven't been able to spend much time here because of my eyes. They aren't swelling as much anymore but they still burn and the computer makes them worse. I'm doing this post with sunglasses on because I'll be in it for awhile doing bills and stuff.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Judy in Rochester, IN

Judy you have been doing a great job on having Air in the mornings. Well another day back at work here. Was 100 degrees here Fri, Sat and Sun. Thank goodness a little overcast today. Well my forehead and my nose are sunburnt from a 7.5 drive on Friday and on Sunday in the convertible it was beautiful country though and that was great.

Happy Monday everyone!

Denise you and Martha are in my prayers today

Yes, Judy......I'm so very proud of you!!! If you could see my face, you would see that I'm absolutely beaming!!!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Our weekend was completely consumed with babysitting and helping my son and DIL get into their new home. I was exhausted when I woke up this morning and to think my work week is just beginning.

Weather here is usual...hot (hotter than hot), humid (you should see my curls) and a 50% chance of more rain today. My grass is so beautiful...so lush and green. It's actually turned into a task of mowing two times a week to keep caught up. Thank goodness for riding lawnmowers.

Our little town had to cancel the Saturday night fireworks display because of bad weather. A thunderstorm rolled in and the high winds blew over vendor tents. The fireworks display will be rescheduled for a later date. That's fine for me because we were so tied up with moving the kids that we would have missed them anyway.

I'm having some really strong urges to do some home remodeling but don't have a lot of money to work with. I visited a friend last week that painted her laminate countertops to look like granite and they were beautiful. Anyone ever tried this ???

Hope life is peachy-keen in your little corner of the world.

Ann

Ann, and here I thought you were taking a little time out for fun and frolic! Should have known. I remember the "kids" were moving into a new house. Oh do I remember what it's like. If my daughter moves one more time, she's on her own. But you girl, if you have curls when the weather is humid, I'm so jealous.

We have really escaped the FL heat so far this summer. I've actually been chilly most mornings since we've been traveling. It just tickles my husband. He hates the FL heat in the summer altho was surprised (not me, been there done it) it was hotter in Port St Lucie than it was at the same time in Key West.

OMG Heidi, I almost missed your post and had to come back and edit. I didn't know it got so hot in Seattle. Your drive in the convertible sounds great but I can't resist being a mom and reminding you to wear your sunscreen next time. I've got plenty of wrinkles but am glad I got over being a sun worshipper sometime in my late forties. I saw the "leather-faced ladies" down here in the Keys and it scared me smart.

Judy in Rochester, IN

Judy I am actually not in Seattle. I am about 3.5 hours out of Seattle in Vancouver Washington so SW Washington or Portland, Oregon area. I would love for my skin to tighten up a bit like leather at this point lol Flab or leather??? i will choose leather :oops:

I had no idea that moving could be so big of a deal for a 2-1/2 year old. My little grandaughter is extremely sensitive and worries about everything and everyone. Although she was excited about her new house, she was also sad for her old house. She was worried that her old house would be "all alone and sad." We tried to explain that another little girl or boy would probably move into her old house and make the house very happy. When the move was finished, she loved her new house but was still a bit serious. I assume she was thinking about her old house.

But....move is completed and babies are both happy today. We will be babysitting again on Saturday while Son and DIL have a garage sale at the old house.

Hi all. Yes Judy, me and many others are very grateful for your dutiful attention to the "air".

It is overcast here today as well although no rain yet. I managed to get up and get my son safely to his camp this morning....in my PJ's of course! Wish me luck again tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.

Sandra

I just hate to be a whiner cuz I'm not as bad off as so many others. I love this forum and the caring and sharing I read on here. I come here alot just to read for a few minutes then I go back to bed. We had one hail of a storm friday night. It was called an inland hurricane here. I didn't pay much attention to statistics about it but I saw what I saw and I've never seen anything like it in my life. Had water running five feet deep down a main street 2 blocks from my house. Had water fill the storm sewers so full that it lifted the manhole covers off and rolled them down the street. At my house it was raining so hard I couldn't see my car five feet from my window. Flooded my basement with a few inches of water. My bil's business was under 18 inches of water. I've heard reports of 100 mph winds, dunno. It was very strange. Anyway, kuddos jaminkw for keep us inflated, this is my first stop everytime. Huggss all. Take care.

dwfinww

Donny

Donny I am sorry to see this Take care and get everything DRY DRY DRY!!! Hope every one is safe !!