Wednesday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Still chilly. It's 8:45 and only 61. I responded to Ned's post yesterday that I had wondered about Hawaii's weather this winter. It sounds like they've had some unusually chilly days too.

What a wonderful day playing tourist with friends yesterday. We rode the tour trolly and had lunch at one of my favorite old outdoor restaurants. We walked a little between trolley stops but not too much. It was a little chilly but a perfect sun-shiney day. Problem is I slep til 8:30. Oh, I forgot, no problem. There is no place I have to be.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy[/code]

Top o' the mornin' all and a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Today is one of those really hard days for me. Today would have been my 32nd wedding anniversary. Dennis used to wake me up every March 17th by saying, "well, Annie Roo, it looks like we've made it another year."

Oh...how I would have loved to hear those words this morning.

As many of you may know, I was adopted at birth and didn't meet my biological parents until I was 20. My father passed away a few years ago, a victim of leukemia. My mother has always been a fiesty little gal. I have a brother, two half sisters and two sisters. Working through this relationship has been trying for all of us and although I becme very close to my father, my mother and I just never seemed to "get it." I made a commitment almost a year ago that I was going to try and make a close reltionship happen between us....and it has happened. She and I have long phone conversations at least once a week. I think I finally know so much about her and her life. A couple of months ago, I finally convinced her to go to the doctor and get a physical. She went to the doctor yesterday and the results weren't good. She has an aortic aneurysm and she has a large mass in one of her lungs. She is going today for a CT scan and I'm here, hundreds of miles away, having a rough time processing all of this. So, please say a prayer for her.

Good morning everyone!

It was 39 degrees with light north winds as I pedaled to work this morning. It's forecast to get up to 67 degrees this afternoon.

It sounds like you had a great time yesterday, Judy. Glad to hear it, and hope you keep feeling good.

Dang, Ann, we don't like to hear about lung masses around here. Best wishes for your mother.

Rose was feeling a little better yesterday, and worked a few hours. Nothing much else going on in my neck of the woods.

Have a great day, all!

Ann, good for you for making the effort to get to know your bio-mom. I know it wasn't easy to do that, just as it probably wasn't easy to make the first step when you were 20. We never know where these contacts will lead, but they make our lives so much richer, in spite of the difficulties that may arise. The best to you both.

Ned