Wednesday's Air

Bud Baker

Good morning, everyone!

It was 56 degrees as I pedaled to work this morning. The forecast high for this afternoon is 85. The south wind is really blowing again.

I'm finally getting some decent mileage on my bike this year. My ride home this afternoon will give me 675 miles for March. That's almost as much as I had in January and February combined. I need to average 625 miles a month to make my mileage goal this year though, so I'm still behind that.

Have a great day, all!

Good morning Bud and everyone. It has been a while sense I have posted here. I'm sure most of you know I have been fighting a battle with gout. I never knew one little toe could cause such pain and havoc in my life.

The medication finally took away the really bad pain but I still have to watch how I step and I can't wear any shoes except one with no toes. Sometimes the toe feels like it is being strangled. That is the only way to describe it. It is still swollen and looks deformed.

I am just getting back to spending more time on the computer. It seems I have gotten behind in everything and have a lot of catching up to do. I couldn't even work on my quilt because I couldn't stand it to touch that toe. At least now I can do that.

Weather here is unpredictable. They keep saying rain but the sun is shining. We had only a short drizzle yesterday and the rain over night didn't develope. Today it is supposed to be thunderstorms. We had a brief one the other night and last Thursday we had some hail. I know for a lot of you that is the norm but here in Norther California it is not so normal.

Bud I'm glad you are getting some miles this month. I know you set a high goal for yourself that is very inspiring to so many. My son spent last week at Toledo Bend for his annual fishing trip. Despite all of the cold weather there this year he sill managed to catch some bass. His second day there it snowed and the next day he was able to fish in shorts. Crazy weather everywhere.

I hape everyone has a good day and stays safe from the weather and everything else.

Glad to see you're getting some good riding weather, Bud.

Very good to have you back, Lil. I hope all the pain associated with your gout is soon gone for good.

Nice, sunny day here on Florida's Space Coast. I would love to be off from work today. If not working, I think I would just be outside walking or doing some yard work. I've been trying to decide which of my plants survived this harsh winter. So many look dead but there seems to be some green limbs on some, so I am hopeful.

I have some cute little jokes and funnies to post for all of you.

Ann

Evening All! LOL Better late than never. I did get caught up today but am so excited that I got caught up with our business bookkeeping and the personal bills too. I've really been bearing down this week because I want to feel relaxed when Dominick comes for Spring Break on Saturday. And also, in the middle of his visit, I'm meeting my friend from NJ up the Keys for two days just lounging and shopping and whatever. Lots of good things going on.

Another sad case of cancer at group last night. But I think I was able to connect with him because his cancer is chronic. Like I said before, most of the people in our group are survivors with no active cancers. The one lady who had chronic breast cancer went back up north. The lady who came last week is a caretaker for a former surgeon for whom there is no treatment; she's headed back north also. It's sad to see so many new cases all of a sudden but four of us went out to dinner at a restaurant in Duval Square in the upper end of Duval St. You sit under a canopy of trees and it's just a lovely setting. Nice night.

Have a great evening everyone.

Judy