Tuesday's Air

jaminkw

Morning All! Beautiful day today! Only 68 degrees but feels warmer. Sun shining and no wind. Stan's going fishing. I'm so glad. He just works around here all the time and needs a day off.

Miss you in the am Eric. Boy, sounds like someone was just waiting for you to get back to take a day off. Hope you have an easier day today.

Bud, hope you are feeling better. Don't remember them giving me or my husband a cream or lotion--just pain pills and maybe pain patches. The medicine made my husband sicker until he finally wouldn't take them.

Ned and Donny and and Bruce and Mike and Judy and ts and Heidi and everyone else who bounces in and out, let's try to come up with something that makes the Air as interesting as Eric's info about Scotland and queries about life in the States? What about a current news item (no nat'l politics or religion) or something significant about each of our particular State. It borders on politics, but Eric, we're well into our census. Do you have one in Scotland? If we didn't have one, how would we track our family trees in Ancestry.com?

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Judy in Key

Good morning, everyone!

It was 50 degrees with scattered fog as I rode to work this morning. The forecast high for the day is 75 degrees.

I hope Stan catches some fish, Judy, but any day fishing is a good day, even if they're not biting well.

Recumbent bicycle seats are usually the most comfortable bicycle seats around, but with the worst of my shingles rash in the middle of my back now, the bicycle seat back wasn't that much fun this morning. But I think I'm going to ride to work whenever I feel up to it, since I'll not likely do any more long distance rides until I'm well.

Have a great day, all!

Good morning everyone! Well, it's going to get to 70 today! Yippee! I am heading to the church where I work 3 days a week, and am going to open all the doors and let the fresh air in! We Michiganders get a little loopy this time of year, after having six months of cold and snow! It's kind of funny.

So Judy, something about our State? We'll not get into economics here in Michigan because we are surely hurting here with the highest unemployment % in the USA because of the Automotive market.

But I do want to tell you about ArtPrize. The big city closest to me is Grand Rapids. I live about 30 miles North of the city. Well, G.R. has turned into quite the "cool city" as our governor likes to call it. ArtPrize was an event that launched last year for the first time. It brings in international renowned artists because the first place prize is $250,000, with an additional $499,000 going out to those that take second, through fifth place.

The genius who thought this up, wanted to make our city a destination, and boy did it ever. We draw people to our town from Chicago, NYC, Boston, even LA. The Art is displayed all over the city, some of it indoors, lots of sculptures outdoors. Last year an artist did a Loch Ness Monster sculpture and put this enormous thing into the Grand River, which is this huge river that snakes through our state. It was amazing. And wherever the art venue is, you can get coupons and discounts from the store that is sponsoring the piece of art.

I did not get to see it last year because of health issues, and not being able to walk the route. But this year they are bussing people, and I will not miss it this year.

Oh, and an update to my rib/trunk spasms. Something did not check out right in my blood work. So in a couple of weeks, I will be referred to a Neurologist for further examination. Who knows what this is. I am not going to worry about it. I'm here for as long as I'm meant to be, and that is that. In the meantime, they gave me a muscle relaxer, Norflex, which is doing a fairly good job at helping with the pain, but I'm very sleepy taking it so it's not a long term solution.

Judy in MI

Oh! I forgot to add.....with this Art Prize thing.....the people of the city vote on which pieces are the best. That is how the winners are decided, so it's so much fun to run around and look at all the art work, and vote for your favs, and then see the results revealed! It's really fun.

And for Bud, I'm with Judy. When I had it, pain medication was prescribed and boy did I need it. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Judy in MI

Hey all, another gorgeous day here it gets down to the mid 20s at night and then 65 to 70 during the day the last few days. Since I live here on the high plains that changes fast, may get snow again by the end of the week with high temps in the 40s.

Well lately I've been dealing with buying a newer vehicle and didn't want to jinx it by talking about it but, I bought a pickup in New Hampshire where the entire deal was done with phone calls and online and trust and God. My bank approved my loan in about ten minutes and the purchase was made about 3 weeks ago but I didn't get the truck until last night. I had it shipped out here and have been sitting on pins and needles hoping I didn't make the biggest mistake of my life. I appears that I didn't, I love the truck and think I got a good deal and everything seems to be in great shape on it just as the Carfax said it was and as the salesman told me. I did a lot of research and it took me almost 3 months to make my final decision but I think I did okay.

I sure have to agree Judy that Eric is quite missed here. I've been lurking quite a lot and reading everyday even when I don't post and it has been pretty interesting to get all of the information from around our country and his.

Well going to try to enjoy my day and hope everyone does so as well. By the way I sure do sympathize with you Bud, my shingles were mostly on my front and sometimes it hurt to even wear clothes. Nasty buggers they are.

Later all.

Donny

Good morning! I like Judy's idea about posting info. about where we live. And I've really enjoyed Eric's info.

Everything seeems to be/can be political these days. Even the space program! We live about 30 - 40 miles from Cape Canaveral (sp?) and the Kennedy Space Center. The space shuttle landed this am. at 9:08 am. The last couple times the Orlando area has been cloudy, so we couldn't see the shuttle from our front yard. Decided not to bother trying to see it this morning, but watched on tv. I think our Golden Retriever heard the shuttle approaching before we did, as he started barking a 5 - 10 seconds before we heard the sonic boom. The boom itself sent him searching - from one window to the next - for the cause of the noise. It's really, really loud here. One of our local tv stations - located about a mile and a half west of us - heard the boom and said the windows, etc. shook. There are three more shuttle flights and then this phase of the program ends - maybe the whole program will end. Very difficult times for the space coast. The loss of jobs will be enormous and everyone out there will be affected by that loss.

My first task today is to go to the carwash - with a car, of course. Gotta get there before it starts raining.

Muriel

I'm home from the car wash. Hope it doesn't rain, but at least I got the car taken care of before they closed due to rain. One of the sons arrives tomorrow - need a clean car.

Laurie is right, tho., so far it's mostly sunny and very pleasant.

Muriel

Good Evening Everyone,

7.45 pm here,been a lovely sunny day here to-day,sun is beginning to set.Thanks for your kind thoughts,Judy

interesting you mention a cencus and tracing your family tree through Ancestry.com We have a cencus taken every ten years here in the UK.It is my intention to trace my ancestors when I retire.

I have an interesting story in this vein I would like to share,trouble is keeping it short without losing the thread.Any way here goes-my mother died in 1987,she has an older brother,Gordon a retired Chief Inspector in the police,she also had an elder sister Edith,whom I knew nothing about other than she had a husband called Ainsley and a son Allan.My young sister kept up a link with Gordon,who recently passed on to her news that Edith had recently died aged 92.Doris sent her family a sympathy card,and was delighted to receive a cordial reply from Allan who was aware he had an Aunt Doris but knew very little more.He now has the search the ancestor bug and being retired has the time to do it.He lives in a large country house in Sissinghurst,in Kent,with his wife two daughters and a son.We arranged to meet in Glasgow,myself and sister Doris we had so many years to fill in and the time passed so quikely,turns out we are his only living relatives,we exchanged photographs,the one he passed to us,was a group photograph,A4 size quality stunning,it consists one woman seated with a baby on her lap,a young woman standing in the middle ,looks about 20 years old,and to her left another seated woman.A amazing thing is the baby is Aunt Edith,the centre young woman is my gran Paterson,to her left is her mother Great-Gran Gillan,and the woman holding the baby is my Great-Great Gran Scott.This picture shows my mother is yet to be born (1917)so this picture must have been taken in 1915.Now I would want to post it to this site,I have it scanned into my works computer,how do I figure out how to post it in?looks like a task for my daughters new boyfriend Chris.

Speak to you later,

Hi Everyone,

This is a late air on Tuesday,for you,its actually 2.35am Wednesday for me,I woke up couldnt get back to sleep so I have come downstairs for a cup of coffee,ok, I know not the best beverage to induce sleep.Anyway just thought Id turn the laptop on,couldnt resist a wee reply while Iam here,Judy did Stan catch any mutton snappers,Bud hope back rash disapears soon as.Michigan Judy,your mention of the depressed auto industry made me think Detroit-just had to get the big atlas out-weighs a blooming ton,yes its there Michigan,well Donny has made his contribution by buying his pickup truck,so maybe things can get moving again.I plotted your locale-north of Grand Rapids-Howard City area?Artprize great way to involve a whole community,so democratic by being voted for by the public.In London they hold a prize for contempory art in the Tate Gallery,and some panel,who are obviously completely off their trollies always vote for the most rediculous exhibit I think they only do to stir up the natives,the sad thing is the artist gets squillions of pounds,in recent years we have had a submarine made out or car tyres,and some nice bricks lying flat,another one was a live exhibit,where a group of men stood in a circle with one of them at the top of a ladder,well they hand a plastic bucket which one guy filled with water in a small paddling pool who then passed the bucket to the next man until passed to the man standing at the top of ladder who emptied the bucket into the paddling pool etc etc,this was described as a human waterfall.Another example was a Scottish critic with a sense of humour-Fyfe Robinson- interviewd an artist who had hung 10 white blank canvasses on the walls of the studio,when asked by Fyfe-whats it all about,he replied,well when you go to a gallery,the paintings are always filled in ie completed,this is an opertunity for the viewer to mentally fill in the canvass himself,OK says Fyfe why not just one blank canvas instead of ten? Fyfe christened this art as Phoney Art or PHART for short.Donny congrats on successful purchase of pick up truck,may it bring you many years of pleasure,trying to plot your spot in my atlas,blooming heck Wyoming is a big place-Love the place names like Bighorn Mountain and Wind River Indian Reservation,real Injun country-OK Donny come out with your hands up in the air-where are you hiding?Wind River will that have anything to do with Fyfes phart?Muriel,only recently heard about the shuttle winding down,always wanted to come and watch a launch in my bucket list,seems I have lost my chance?didnt Obama say something about a new focus on getting to Mars,will that not re-employ the NASA workforce?.My college is in the final stage of being rebuilt at a cost of £52 million,opens in the new term from August-beautiful looking building-we have a link with training all the apprentices working for BAE Systems shipyards who build warships,so I get to see all the ship launches which are very exciting,seeing these massive ships running down the slipway into the River Clyde,you know when they are building these warships,they build them in the yard in two separate halfs then they bring them to-gether and weld them the two bits match perfectly,its absolutely amazing,Here its 3.30am Wednesday Id better get some shut eye or I will sleep in for work-Bye.