FRIDAY'S AIR

jaminkw

Morning All! Capital letters for all you working Janes and Joes. Lovely morning if you'd slept at all last night. Another one of those that keep repeating themselves from time to time. Toss and turn for hours then start dozing off for an hour or so here and there and awake early--about 6:15 I think. Hate it!

I had to bring my computer out on the porch with Stan this morning. It looked so beautiful with the sun beginning to light up the canal. I'll be busy today getting ready for company for dinner tomorrow night. Main entree is oven baked chicken and fish. My real excitement is I'm going to make Paula Dean's slow cooked fruit cobbler. I've always loved to baked and just haven't had the energy for awhile. Here's hoping.

Have a great day everyone. ts, I hope your trip starts looking up today.

Judy in KW

Good morning, everyone! TGIF!

It was 67 degrees this morning, with a forecast high of 79. Weather radar showed a line of storms bearing down on the area when I got up, so I drove to work.

The last three days, I've gotten home from work, showered, checked email, then sagged into my recliner in front of the tv for the rest of the evening. Today will likely be more of the same.

Have some cobbler for me, Judy. Have a great day, all!

Good Morning, TGIF..... :D I love my Fridays however, I know I am lucky to have a job as well....so it is suppose to be pretty today mostly sunny and a high in the upper 60's. My son is off to a slumber party tonight and my daughter is off to spend the night with her grandparents not sure what I will do. Maybe go home and go to bed early.....

Hope everyone has a fabulous day :P

Heyall, nother totally grey day here, but if you say that right with the right frame of mind it becomes grade A. Oddly beautiful and calm.

Went well at the pulmo yesterday, he told me that the lung cancer diagnoses automatically qualifies a person for Medicare, I'll have to check into that. I guess my fainting spells lately are a good thing, well sort of, he said that if a person has something "go down the wrong pipe" that our vocal cords are designed to close off the throat to protect our lungs. Problem for me is mine havenlt been automatically opening back up when the danger is gone, instead they wait till I pass out before they open back up. I just really need to be more careful about swallowing and that means everything including saliva. Okay I can do that.

Here is another Wyoming snippit. We have the world's largest mineral hot spring in Thermopolis, Wyoming. It is bubbling up 3.6 million gallons of hot water per day at a temperature of 127 degrees Farenheit. It also contains 27 different minerals and some say it is extremely healthy to drink though it is very sulferous and smelly. There is a rehabilitation center there for physical recovery and I've used the pools there to help with my recovery from knee injuries and a broken leg, it is amazing how much progress can be made in a short amount of time.

In case no one can tell I am extremely prejudiced about Wyoming, I was born and raised here and when I was teen I couldn't wait to leave yet I could never stay gone for long. I finally just gave in and decided that I am a native so I might as well love it. I really think everyone should feel as good about where they live. I'd love to see out tourism board change our slogun to, " Welcome to Wyoming, spend your money and go home". Just kidding, but I do love the wide open spaces and the smalltown feeling here. My hometown, Casper is about 50 to 60 thousand people and still acts like a village of 5 or 6 thousand. Gosh I guess I've gone into a heck of a diatribe today, sorry. See yall later.

To rephrase a line of Stephen Stills, if you can't be in the place you love, love the place you are.

Donny

Donny, the way you portray Wyoming makes me want to go there. And I would definitely visit and leave lol. Don't like the cold or the grey. I've only seen Wyoming in movies and TV but recall it is a beautiful state.

Heidi, how are you feeling? Headaches gone. Have you/they deemed the operation a "success?" Hope so. Raising small children puts you at probably the busiest time of life.

Bud, you are exactly where you should be at the end of your day, at least until you get past the shingles. How are they anyway? Do you have a significant amount of pain? Glad you were forced to drive today lol.

Hope Eric gets by to visit soon. We miss you guy. And Judy, hope you Dr Visit goes well. Laurie, hope you are have a good day.

Judy in KW

Donny - Medicare starts 2 years after you start receiving SSDI, as far as I can tell.

Tampa is interesting so far - except my sleep has not been good. Off to visit Moffitt now and see what they are doing. Met Debi, haven't found Tammy, but Dr. Weiss is here as well as Donna, from Grace.

Gotta run.

Hey Judy, I have been still getting daily headaches I gues not quite as bad, my dizziness has lessened and my body pain is now virtually not exisistent (sp). However, the doc said it can take up to a year for the symptoms to resolve and whatever is not gone in a year is permenant damage so heres hoping it disappears :D Thanks for asking....I will try to include some interesting facts about where I am from be it Oregon or Washington on the Air starting Monday. My computer at home is sick with a virus :cry:

Heidi, glad your body pain is gone. I hope the rest will go away soon, too.

Yes, Judy, I've been in a world of hurt this week. I usually don't use any hydrocodone when they give it to me. I didn't touch it after my thyroid surgery. In fact, I hadn't taken it since shortly after my lung surgery. But I've taken it the last three evenings. This is some serious nerve pain. But it does seem slightly better, today.

Donny, the swallowing problem sounds pretty scary. I'd like to see Wyoming, too...................... in the summer, LOL!

Yayyy for Will, sorry Bud, what a nagging painful problem. Yep, really really beautiful here in the springtime especially.

I talked to SSDI and they confirmed that I have to wait, dang. but I know it now so I am better equipped to deal with it.

When you have a dilemma, make dilemmanade.

Donny

will said that he got tons of concerned friends notes on FB after the rig exploded and that it was not the company he worked for either! Thanks for. I spend too much time on FB and not enough here now a days and it bugs me !!

Had a little extra time on my hands at work and thought I would post something about where I live.

Can't pump your own gas. Oregon is one of only two states (New Jersey is the other) where ordinary people can't pump their own gas - you must have an attendant do it. I'm not kidding!!! Native Oregonians seem to love this tradition and every attempt to get rid of this rule has been defeated. It is kind of nice in the winter time when it's cold and you don't want to stand in the rain and pump your gas or just don't want to get your hands dirty.

I lived in New Jersey for 7 years and loved not having to pump gas. Now in NC I have to pump my own. Judy - if you look at your gas gauge in your car it should have a little white arrow pointing to which ever side of the car your gas tank is on.

Paulette