Friday's Air

Ann

Since it's FRIDAY and my favorite day of the week, I thought I'd jump right in, open the windows and let the FRIDAY's AIR begin to flow!!!!

Oh...did I tell you today is my favorite day of the week??? Of course I did...just seeing if you were paying attention....LOL

When I was MUCH younger, this used to always be my favorite weekend of the entire year. I liked this weekend even better than Christmas. I had my birthday on one day and Halloween on the next! What more could a kid want? I come from a long line of teachers and their inservice training always fell on my birthday, unless it happened to be a Saturday. My mom and my aunt used to drive into Knoxville together. My great aunt (a retired teacher) and I would tag along and make a day of shopping. She would always let me choose my own birthday present and I can remember how hard it was to make up my mind. We didn't get to the "big city" often and there were so many things that I had never even seen before to choose from. Oh, how I would love to go back and spend another one of those days with my mom and my aunts.

Now, birthdays are a real drag as I know every year is another candle on the cake. I still love Halloween and seeing all of the excitement in the eyes of all the little ones. My grandchildren are at just the right age for trick-or-treating this year and are really getting into it in a big way!

Our office staff decided to "dress up" today and I decided to dress as a Biker Chick. I had all of my Harley attire that I use a lot when riding, so it was easy to pull together. I have to admit that it's going to be a challenge to use a headset while wearing a do-rag. We all are bringing in a dish today for lunch so I made a huge pot of my spicy chili and all the toppings.

Our weather has cooled down and should get even cooler by tomorrow. That makes me smile!!!! My boys are cooking dinner for me tomorrow night at my youngest son's house. They are all good cooks, so it should be a great evening of family time. Last year, I decided that going out for dinner with the entire family wasn't a good idea for us. The babies are restless and when we're at one of those big long tables, you can't chat with everyone. So, we decided home cooked dinners are a better option for us.

Things should be fun down Judy's way this weekend when Key West holds their annual Fantasy Fest. Behave yourself, Judy!!!

Hope everyone has a marvelous day today. (Can you tell I'm in a great mood?)

Ann

Good morning, everyone! TGIF!

It was 36 degrees when I got up this morning. That's the coolest temperature we've had around here in a long time. Forecast high is 71.

I drove to work again. I'm slowly getting better. Maybe I'll ride Sunday. I had been starting my usual fall battle against weight gain, but for the past 5 days in a row, I've been below my target weight. I guess a really bad cold works well for weight loss, but I don't think I can recommend it.

Sounds like a fun day, Ann! It's a little more than six hours until I'll be off for the weekend. Have a great day, all!

Friday's are always a great day Ann...especially when it is payday Friday. Sounds like your office is really getting into the Halloween spirit. Makes the workplace alot more fun when they get into different activities.

Good to hear that you are feeling better Bud. I'm sure that exercising is alot better for controlling weight than a flu/cold.

It has been chilly here for the last week. We had our first snowfall last weekend with maybe an inch of snow on the ground. But it hasn't gotten warm enough all week to melt. I checked the weather network on Monday and the forecast was for temperatures between +2 and +7 all week. Well the very next day it was -9 !!! It is forecasting +7 for tomorrow so we'll see how close they are. Right now we have a really heavy ice fog. Makes driving not so much fun.

Fantasy Fest in Key West.....we could have headed that way in the Keg bus.

Good morning,

I finally get to post earlier in the day. Ann today is my favorite day too and I am off so very happy about that. Halloween is my favorite holiday also. I love decorating and seeing the kids when they come to the door. I am very excited it is finally here. I am glad the weather is cooling down for you. It just seemed way unseasonal for the steamy weather, but maybe my memory is shore :lol: Oh yeah Happy Birthday enjoy the weekend (just in case I am not around this weekend)

Bud I can't believe the temperature swings where you are. I would have never guessed that it gets that cold. Shows me what I know :lol: Glad you’re starting to feel better. I too am starting to struggle with maintaining the weight (Fall/Winter). Join the club!!

Eric thank you for the time difference. So when I get home from work you are going to bed.

Bruce they call Breen Bay the frozen tundra. But after reading your post we are not even close to cold.....32 degrees right now with a high of 47.

Judy in KW I am thinking about you. Hugs.

Everyone enjoy their day and weekend TGIF.

Libby

Bruce....I think it's a great idea to load up the Big Blue Keg Bus and head to the Keys for Fantasy Fest. What a fantastic idea. As you know, Becky Snowflake is our designated driver and she keeps the Big Blue Keg Bus at her house. Does anyone know if Becky Snowflake is still enjoying her honeymoon? If so, maybe she can bring her new Hubby along to meet us!!!

Can you just imagine this group at Fantasy Fest??? For those of you that aren't familiar with this event, maybe our on KW resident, Judy, can fill us in.

So...Becky Snowflake...whatcha think of Bruce's idea???

So sorry I'm late and unable to join the good cheer. Woke up around 2 am with a urinary tract infection. Had me running back and forth to the bathroom every couple of minutes for hours! I got in to see my PCP and got a pee test and some antibiotics. I really feel bad. Antibiotics on top of Tarceva, not fun. No FF partying for me this year Ann.

Now, the good news, the great new--Genetech called me and turned me over to their Foundation. Took about 5 minutes on the phone and FREE Tarceva for a year. I was lying on the couch during the call and shortly after went sound asleep. What a relief!

Will try to come back in better form tomorrow. Have a good evening everyone.

Judy in KW