Monday's Air.....~Sigh~

Annette

Okay - where is everyone - I have a lot of work to do today and I need distractions. So it's up to you to keep the Air busy busy busy so I can read read read instead of work work work.

Seriously - it wasn't freezing when I came into work today. Almost a pretty morning just a little overcast. One of these nights I just might have to force myself to watch the tv so i can verify what a weatherman says. DVDs are so much more fun, no commercials and I can pause to get a drink, run next door and scream at the nephew, play black ops - you know normal mid-life crisis activities.

I suppose I need to get on to the work at the Frontier - ville, Cafe - World, Farm - ville. I can't be like Bruce and have a real one - besides I'm thinking he has many many more days of cold weather left.

Looking forward to everyone's Monday....( posts.

Annette

Morning All! Annette, it looks like just you and me so far. I did go on FB first and harvest my crops. Don't devote near enough time to it to be a good neighbor these days but I'm living life! I'm living life so much so that I am really tired and hurting. I had to stop at exercising two days last week. Seems if I'm being physical like up and down on ladders, reaching up over my head or walking a lot, I just can't do it. I got desparate yesterday and bought some Arthristis Strength Tylenol (store brand). I'll take some soon and work out today. See how the week goes.

Stan finally broke down and moved the blooming orchids to the LR window. I've been meaning to do it but it's a real ordeal for me. It makes me happy happy.

Have to go over the assets list with Stan for the accountant this morning, do some BR closet rearranging so I can tidy a few odds and ends of XMas still on the DR table and help Stan bag up the tree. It's pretty neat to pull the bag over the tree, zip it up and wheel it into another room but it's a bit of a bear to do. Wish I could just sit and chill sigh but I don't think I have anymore sick days left for February.

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Judy - - I'm thinking that all the lifting, stairs, putting stuff away and general movement which equaled overdoing it would count for exercise. (Don't tell anyone - but some people don't think that farming on Farmville doesn't count - some days it just Should!) And it keeps the mind working - keeping track of when what has to be done where - mental exercise is important too - otherwise you would not be so organized for tax season!)

Annette

Good morning, everyone!

It was 43 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 60, but then the weather is supposed to go downhill fast, with thunderstorms in the middle of the night, heavy rain in the wee hours of the morning, turning to ice by 8:00 am, all with a 30 mph north wind. Tomorrow night is supposed to be in the teens, and with the north wind still howling, wind chill will be below zero.

I went fishing on Saturday. It was a really beautiful day, but fishing was much tougher than it had been the last few weeks. Sunday, a couple came over and joined Rose and I for a bike ride. It was the woman's first ride since surgery, so we just did an easy 21 miles, then went out to eat.

It's good that I got lots of miles on the bike last week, because this week isn't looking too promising. We're be going from almost 80 degrees Saturday afternoon to a below 0 wind chill tomorrow night.

Have a great day, all!

Morning everyone

Hey Annette and Judy I would rather be working on your farm's this morning than on mine. Just went out to feed the animals and it was a little crispy. I checked the weather when I came in and it is -35C/-31F. So Annette I'm sure we will get more cold before the winter is over. The rest of this week it is supposed to warm up with the forecast on Wednesday being above freezing.

I do live in an area where it can get really cold but when I watch the news and see all the storms happening other places it doesn't seem so bad. You can dress for the cold. Oh and for everyone on the exercise team does driving a tractor to clear snow instead of shoveling count ? LOL Sorry but Bud's "easy" 21 miles makes me want to go out and clear more snow. LOL

Morning all!

Bruce, I am right there with you with the attitude about our weather - I would rather take this cold (same temp here as you have) than what other parts of the world have to deal with. Does your tractor have an enclosed cab? My hubby and son have to use the quad with blade and they get mighty cold doing that. I figure that just trying to maintain body heat is exercise in itself!

Kids are off school today so we are going to stay home, turn on the fireplace and watch a movie or three on our new couch (we love it!!!). We hardly ever get pyjama days anymore...today, we are going to stay in our pyjamas and pray no-one comes to the house to visit :) .

Hope the Tylenol helps with the aches and pains Judy. Glad to hear that your Christmas task is almost completed-whoo hoo.

Bud, glad you are able to enjoy your riding this week and hope the fishing gets easier again.

Annette - my son would love to have you around as he is a big time Black Ops gamer and I am absolutely clueless about anything gaming. Even his friends ask me to play with them; however, I think they just want to make fun of me! I hope your day is filled with many distractions (not work related!).

Linda

LOL that was a good one Annette. My Llama's are too spoiled to spit at me. I had 2 cow's get out of the pasture on Saturday. They began running around and I was panicking that they would run away. They were running around trying to get back in ! Opened the gate and in they went.

Oh and Llama "buttons" are the best organic fertilizer that you can get. Doesn't even have an odour so some companies that sell it ship it by mail in a baggie. You can even use it on indoor plants. So maybe I should start advertising it on FB for all the farmville gardens. LOL

Linda I thought you were in southern Alberta ! LOL Both my tractor's have nice heated cabs so I don't envy your hubby and son using a quad. But it is faster than shoveling.

Judy - didn't I read somewhere that being outside in that cold weather driving a tractor only counts for exercise if a llama spits on you?
Belly laugh for real Annette! Thanks.

I came on earlier after Bud and lost my post so I gave up because I was having trouble in my email too. I was telling Bud that those extremes in temp are very stressful. The definition of stress I learned was "anything that causes the body to change and adapt" and wild swings in temp in a short time-frame is definitely a stressor. Glad you've given yourself permission in advance to drive to work tomorrow.

Linda, what a lovely picture of you and the kids snuggled watching movies. Wish I could be there with you. I'd even pop the pop corn.

Bruce, I love the cow story--your animals are spoiled lol. But what is this about a heated cab on your tractor. Please. Yes, I do think I could use some of those llama patties--what do you call them buttons?--on my farm. Keep the cold, send the buttons.

I'm calming down now but got pretty excited when all my plans for today got sidetracked chasing down info my accountant wanted about some loans to my daughter. Now the office is a mess again and I still haven't done what I wanted to do in the rest of the house. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Have a good one everybody.

Judy in KW