results of PET Scan

candee

The good news is: there is NED anywhere in my body except the left adrenal gland. :mrgreen:

The plan is: most recent films have been taken to radiologist at medical center to ascertain if my left lung can tolerate a biopsy. This is where I have severe radiation damage (a lot of scar tissue, and more still forming) If it can this will verify that what appears on the PET Scan is absolutely, without a doubt, scar tissue. If I can then that will be done first, then off to urologist to schedule excision of adrenal gland. Then chemotherapy. And doesn't that just s--- :roll: as my hair is finally thick again and in the process of growing for a particular style. Oh well, guess I will do that later this year. :lol: My onc will be treating me with Carboplatin and Taxol or Taxatere, not sure of how many cycles are planned.

Hey Candee;

Congrats on the PET scan results, every bit sure helps, :):)

Also sounds like a solid plan of attack!!! you'll be in my thoughts and prayers!!

God bless and stay well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"