Made it..........

Katy66

through another first. My dear husband's birthday was yesterday, he would have been 55. I took the day off from work and my daughter stayed home from school. We took new spring flowers to the cemetary and talked to each other and Gene; lit a candle at home; and just spent a lot of time remembering. I'm glad to say that the vast majority of the memories were of happier times, not more recent illness and struggle. Saturday is the official celebration of his life with family and a few close friends. My 8 year old daughter's idea that I've been struggling with it until this week. Gene always said that after his funeral he wanted a party and I just wasn't able to do that in November. Saturday is the party he wanted. All his favorite foods, toasts made to his favorite beer and a few balloons with messages released. Only tears of happy memories!!!!

Katy, this is nice. Sometimes we take our cue from an 8 year old because they know what we need! A celebration of his life. Yes.

When my Dad died, at age 52, he insisted that we celebrate his life, not mourn it. Of course we mourned, but we did have a party for him, and it was awesome to share good memories and lots of laughs.

Judy in MI