Judy's latest journey

jaminkw

Didn't want you all to think I went on another cruise and decided not to come back. Started running high temp on the way back from the funeral services in NJ. Wound up in the hospital at MDA. Still in hospital. Took a couple of days before I could even make it to the common room, then the computer was locked. By the time I got the code, I wasn't up to making the trip lol. Blood transfusion was a disappointment. Lost half the pint because my temp spiked again. They gave me the second that boosted me just high enough that I couldn't get another. Frustrating. Temp seem o.k. then spiked again last night. Real reason I'm still here is serious respiratory issue. SATs low, can't even get to the BR without oxygen and they don't seem to know why. Got lots of tests today. Will update when I get any info. I WANT TO GO HOME!

Judy, Judy, Judy!!!!

You have been soooooo missed! I know you won't see this unless you can get back to the common room. But if you do, know that we totally miss you.

I'm praying for them to figure out what is causing all this fuss and find out soon!

Judy in MI

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about this setback. I know that when a person is on chemo he/she is more susceptible to infection and with you going to NJ you probably had to do alot of shaking hands, hugging and the like. Judy I pray that this fever will break soon and you can get home where you're the happiest. ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) so much less dangerous

Thanks for all the caring. Looks like I will go home today to finish antibioics in pill form. Big problem is I need oxygen. It's a bit tricky. They have to set it up in Key West then Medicare won't pay for the portable to get me from here to there. Could hang my discharge up all day. Hope not!

(((Judy))), I sure thought I posted to this.. guess I'm losing my marbles. I can promise you that you have been and are still in my thoughts and prayers. Was just reading the air and it sounds like you are situated at home , tethered and all. Sure hope you are soon feeling much much better and ditching the tethers..

Love,

Sue

So sorry for your hospital stay, and what is up with saying you can't have oxygen between there and Key West. The "system" never ceases to amaze me. You are certainly going through a lot, thinking of you and praying for you.

Katy