Friday's AIR

Joppette

Hi again. It’s 4:00AM today so I guess I slept in. LOL.

Last night at Gilda’s Club was sad, as I expected. The first sad thing was learning that one of the Social Workers who was expecting a baby, lost the baby. It broke my heart. She was four months along, and went in for her ultrasound, and the baby died. She had to go through the delivery process, and it just made me so sad. I can’t even begin to imagine how she and her husband could even begin to process this loss. When I got home, I cried for a couple of hours just thinking of her situation. Sad.

As I expected, the group was very sad at the death of one of our members. As we went around the room, the theme became very much the same. When someone dies from this disease, we go through a myriad of emotions. The one most apparent is fear. While we mourn the passing of a friend, we also are forced to look at our own mortality. There are four in the group that are at the “end stages” of their disease. They had to admit that their tears were more about realizing that they were going to die than grief about our friend that did die.

It was a heavy night. So……….don’t know what to say after that.

Today is a new day, and we all need to celebrate each and every one of those that we get. We all agreed to that last night. Celebrate each day with all we have, and be thankful.

Today I have my women’s Life group. Afterwards, we are going out for lunch. That will be nice. Then off to the chiropractor. I’m trying to decide if I should call for an appointment with my doctor for the hernia pain. I really don’t want to face another surgery with that. And yet, the pain is bad and it needs to be dealt with. I can’t imagine what they will do with that. They have operated on this thing 4 times. What more can they do?

Whatever. It is what it is.

It’s nice and cool here. I love that. It’s supposed to be cool through the weekend. That is awesome.

Someone write stuff that is happy and positive please………………

Judy in MI

Morning All! Lost that post but will start over. HAPPY FRIDAY ALL YOU WORKING FOLKS. Judy, looks like you have the opening covered as early as you get up lol.

I was up at 5 but took time to read and catch up. Bud, you are a celebrity in your area and do a great job keeping "cancer survivors" in the news! We love it.

In spite of sinus problems this morning, I'm determined to keep focused on the positive. Hopefully Stan will want to sit on the porch awhile when he gets back from his walk. I'm even planning a walk through my orchid room today. We don't have a lot of summer blooms but there are always a few.

Lots of mail and unpacking but am not stressing over any of it. Sticking to this new attitude!

Have a great day everyone.

Judy in KW

Good morning, feeling pretty chipper this morning - It is after all Friday.

My mom is getting out of the rehab facility sometime, of course I will have to go to the grocery store for her since we decided that 100 degrees just was not what we wanted to be running around in. So we went home and fought like aunt and teenager.

Oh, my daughter texted me yesterday that my grandson (4) got 2 staples in his head. His favorite thing is spinning - well he spun and tripped over an ottoman and crashed his head into the corner of the wall. And after much flirting with all the nurses they put 2 staples in the wound. He cried when they did that but was all flirt before and after that. I swear if my daughter isn't in the emergency room one of the kids has banged up something. That is why she needed two girls not boys.

Anyway - I'm off to work for a good while this morning - need to do some catching up.

Annette

Good morning. Wow Judy MI I sure wish I had some happy things to talk about but I have been pretty much home bound. I guess I can say that I am slowing getting better. My biggest issue is the soreness in my sinuses and also my back. I am hoping to find the energy to go outside for a while and enjoy this great weather before it gets too hot. It is perfect right now. There was a lady on the corner selling cherries the last time I went out. I may try to walk that far and see if she is still there. I love cherries and of coarse they are supposed to be good for gout. Maybe if I eat enough cherries I will be able to eat some shrimp without triggering another attack.

Sorry that your evening was marred by so much heartache Judy. As I said yesterday Uncle George passed the day before yesterday and one of my neighbors is still hanging on but like Uncle George she is pretty much consumed by cancer. It is just never easy.

Bud nice pictures and nice to see that your story mentions you are a lung cancer survivor.I know that you enjoy the riding and I know too that the exercise is good for you. Just be careful in that heat. Nice Crappie too. That is some good eating fish. I considerate to be just a huge version of a perch but that is my favorite fish. My daughter just posted a picture of my granddaughter with a very large cat fish and a good size perch. They must be out fishing Bay Wallace back of Houma. My son went again over the weekend and he and his son in law had over a 100 nice perch. That lake is very productive for perch and alligators. Part of Swamp People is filmed in that general area.

Judy glad that you are home and feeling better. I was surprised to see you back on facebook but that is a sure sign that you are getting better.

Annette I think you need to start a mantra and whenever you are dealing with the get repeat it over and over " I will not strangle him, I will not strangle him, I will not strangle him! Oh what the hell maybe it will". :roll: All kidding aside I hope that your weekend will be a good one and that your mom will improve enough that you can relax a little at least while the kid is gone. That organization may be just the ticket for him. Some of them do some really good things with kids.

I know that I am missing a lot of people here but I think I will settle down to the news and then see what's for breakfast. Sure hope I can go outside later. Will skip Bingo because I don't want to put my cold germs in a close up room. Most of my neighbors are in their 70s and 80s and even 90s and have health issues. The last thing they need is for me to share my cold germs with them. Besides they keep the recreation room closed up like a dungeon and I crave fresh air.

One little cute thing I guess. Johnny's daughter posted a cute thing about their little 3 year old girl. She was cleaning the fridge and Analyse asked what she was doing. She told her that she was cleaning the fridge because it was really dirty and

Analyse said " it is because boys are pigs that it is dirty". :lol: Need I say that she has 2 older brothers.

Good morning, everyone!

It was 77 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 97.

Rose, along with her sister and our daughters, is headed to west Texas to visit her parents over the weekend, so it will just be the dogs and I at home.

I'm going to join some friends and ride my Crowley Cricket Crunch route tomorrow. That will be 100 miles to go along with the 122 miles I got riding to work, so it will be a good mileage week. We're taking off at 6:00 am so we won't be riding too many hours in the heat of the day.

How's your pool adventure coming along, Paulette? I hope it all goes well.

Annette, I probably eat either fish, chicken, or a meatless meal more often than red meat these days. And I've found some new fish recipes I like a lot, including a casserole and a fish cakes recipe that's really good. Breaded and fried fish is still my favorite, though. But, we do use a healthier oil for the frying these days, rice bran oil.

I also have a shoulder hurting. It's hurt for a long time, but gotten a lot worse in recent months. My primary care doctor thinks it's bursitis, and is setting up an appointment for physical therapy for me. I hope that helps.

Time for me to get back to work. Have a great Friday, all!

I am excited now - - the guy from Boys To Men called and I am going to drop Marco off at his place at 5 and they are going to play in his pool and then go to a NA meeting - - free time - - free time - - free time - - free time

Bet you can't tell I'm excited.

I may even just run into Food Lion and get mom her milk, bread and orange juice (even though it is more $ than at Wal-Mart) - - who cares - tonight is free time!!!!!!!!

Is it 5 yet - you stopped those clocks - - free time - -

Annette

OMG Annette, I am exicited for you but a little confused. You're saying Marco will be gone at 5 pm. Free time, does that mean you expect to have Mom settled at her place before then? I think you said she's coming home today so I hope that's the plan. Sorry about those staples for your grandson tho.

Judy, sorry you didn't see my comment on your group experience last night in my post this morning. It was in the first one and just realized I didn't repeat it. I did say losing a child in childbirth is awful. Our losses to cancer just seem to be piling up on us. The downside of cancer support are the losses.

Lily, hope you continue to improve and really hope you get those cherries. Nice of you not to infect your neighbors. And the 3-yr-old's comment, adorable. Little ones say the darnest things!

:lol::lol: Randy.

Bud, sounds like a good bachelor weekend and improved weekly riding stats to boot! Will you be cooking one of those fish dishes for yourself?

Judy in KW

I am expecting the call to pick mom up any time. It will be a quick trip to drop her off then back to work until 4 when I will take Marco for his swimming / meeting night. Run pick up mom some staples that had to be thrown away - then I will hide out at home - - free from 15 year olds - it is so exciting please don't tell too many people or something will break it. (Keith is going home so he can mow his yard and come into town early tomorrow.)

I just don't know what to do with myself. Wait - I have some DVR shows, I have my puzzle I am working on and I believe I have a pillow and blanket that are just waiting for me to relax!!!

There is also of course Facebook - do you realize I don't even remember when the last time I played a game. I was trying to return gifts there for a while but I have just been too down to play. I'm not so certain that that will change but I'm feeling pretty darn good today.

I'll check back in here later,

Annette