No more treatment

silm0209

Not sure if this is in the right place.

I've been onhere a few months ago and told you all of my friend with stage 4 lc.

Well at the grand age of 36 treatment haas stopped.

I just can't believe it!!!

She is still outwardly well. So why can't there be more treatment?

NSCLC has spread to numerous places and there are 'numerous small tumors' on the brain (again) a year ago she underwent WBR and surgery so now they say theres nothing more they can do. Just take steroids to stop the headaches.

I hear of people having treatment until the end - so why can't she!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

I don't know how to respond except when in doubt, get a second opinion. If that's not in the plan for your friend, you can take your question to cancergrace.org. They have drs there, among them Dr West who is considered an expert in lung cancer. They are quick to respond and at no charge. They cannot speak specifically to your friend's case be can give opinions on general standards of care for various scenarios, hopefully one closely related to that of your friend.

Sorry for this news, but keep digging.

Judy in KW

Once you have whole brain radiation, it can not be done again. The radiation fries any tumors, but also brain cells. It just is not going to be an option for her. I hope cancergrace gives you some options.

If the final call is that there are no further treatments that will work, then just love your friend. Go for long walks outdoors, visit the beach, take her to places she's never seen before. Be present with her and let her talk about how she feels about all of this.

God Bless you. I hope you find answers for you and your friend.

Judy in MI

• 3 weeks later...

I am so sorry. You must be devastated. I wish I could reach through this screen and hug you. Like Judy said, do stay here if you can. We have lots of caregiver survivors here and they can attest to the support they received as they went through this.

Gentle hug to you.

MI Judy