Monday's Air

Bud Baker

Good morning, everyone!

It was 46 degrees when I got up this morning. Forecast high is 65. I thought I'd let it warm up a bit before I hopped on the bike to ride, but by the time it got up to 50 degrees, there was a south wind gusting close to 30 mph, so it didn't feel over 50 degrees. I may or may not ride later today.

Yes, Katie, I'm on medical leave from work. I rode the bike 4 days last week, so I'm still getting some riding mileage in. Rose and I rode the tandem to the Avoca coffee shop in the old part of Fort Worth yesterday. We ended up with 32 miles.

I added a trailer jack which has two wheels to my boat trailer. That makes it easier to move by hand, so I can move it with one arm and still be able to hitch up and make fishing trips with it. My kayak trips are likely over until my shoulder gets fixed. I can pedal myself around in it ok, but loading and unloading it is more than I want to tackle until my shoulder is better.

I just got off the phone with work. There are lots of machines down, and an outside service guy on the way to work on some of them. I figured that was going to happen. I think I'll zombie out in front of the TV for a while.

Have a great day, all!

Good Evening Bud,

Enjoy your wee break from work,I think your employer will now appreciate how much an asset you are to his firm,particularly with having to sub-contract in your replacement.Now that you have all this spare time on your hands theres no excuse for lack of a daily post, LOL.

Hi Bud and Eric,

It's been a while! Lots going on in my world, too much to explain here. But tomorrow I go in to get the doctor's proposed chemotherapy solution. We have some decisions to make then, and make them quickly. They like to start chemo six weeks after surgery, and that would be right now. The reason for the magic number of six weeks, according to cancergrace, is that all clinical trials were measured in six week intervals. They don't have trials tested much beyond that so they don't typically recommend chemo much beyond that.

Anyway, still dealing with a tremendous amount of being tired. Seems all I do is sleep, and then fight sleeping. It's been a rough go of it.

MI Judy