Mom Passed

Hi Everyone,

My name is Laurie. I have been on this site for well over one year now. I met a great friend here, (susan gamble) she passed not that long ago. She helped me tremendously as well as everyone else on this site. My mom passed on December 20th 2012. The cancer had spread to many places and no more treatment could be done. My mom faught till the end, the day I told her we were putting her on hospice, she said i'm not going to die. She wanted to keeping fighting, she is the strongest person I know. I'm so lucky to have had her in my life, i'm so grateful for every moment we spent together. Since her diagnosis a year and half ago I havent left her side. I enjoyed this past year or so, so much....we did everything together.... I never acted like she was dieng.....she never wanted that...she didnt ever want me to cry in front of her, b/c she wanted to stay strong... so i never cried not once..... even when she was dieing.... that was her wish..... inside i was crying.......I watched her suffer in the end and that was so difficult, I was ok with god taking her to heaven b/c i didnt want to see her in pain anymore... if she couldnt overcome this, i told god let her be at peace then....The saddest part, is that my dad took such great care of her, did everything for her, he loved her more then anything in the world, he kept her here for so long even when the first doctor thought she had limited time....she beat all the odds, and I believe my dad pulled her through all of this.... the last month when mom was in the hospital very sick, my dad was rushed to the hospital they believe he has liver cancer, he has not come home since, ironically they were both in the same hospital at one point for one week, and they were able to say goodbye to one another before mom was transported to hospice.....mom never knew that dad was that ill just told her it was pain from his hernia's.......maybe deep down she knew....mom passed and I went and told my dad in the hospital.... I feel so terrible for him....he couldnt be there by his wife's side or with us his family..... dad is still currently in hospital they are trying to transport him to a bigger hospital in the City but he is not stable yet, then even amputated his leg due to blockages and blood clots....feels like i'm living someone's else life or in a movie..... I'm going to try to stay strong, my mom was the strongest person I ever met and hope to be just like her and make her proud.... I talked to my mom about susan gamble all the time, I hope they meet in heaven. Thank you everyone for all your support, this site has helped me so very much and I'm so thankful for everyone's kinds words and support....and dont ever give up, my moms prognosis was very poor but she beat the odds for a year and half.....Hope everyone is doing well!! Laurie

Laurie,

I am so sad to read of your mothers passing,please accept my deepest sympathy.I did follow all of your posts,I so wished things could have turned out otherwise for your mother.She couldn'nt have had a better daughter to share her cancer journey with,that despite this sad outcome, you both shared some special times together which will remain as memories that will live on in your heart forever.

How unfair can life be? that at the same time your father is having such difficult times with his own health.My thoughts and prayers are for you and your family that your father can have his health restored to him.

Laurie,

I'm so sorry to read this. My heart is just breaking for you dear one. You are such a strong lady and I'm sure your mom is proud of you! Prayers for your dad ((hugs))

Please come back and let us know how you're doing.

I am so very sorry to read of your loss of your mother and your father's illness. Your mother was indeed very fortunate to have you, as is your father.

I'm going to try to stay strong, my mom was the strongest person I ever met and hope to be just like her and make her proud

I know she is very proud.

I will be keeping you and your father in my thoughts and prayers.