7 Years!

never2late

It just occurred to me that I have not visited the board in quite sometime - almost a year! What prompted me to remember is that on 3/1/13 I celebrated 7 years as a lung cancer survivor. At times it seems as if it was just yesterday that I heard those words from my doctor - you have lung cancer - and now it's been 7 years. I was truly fortunate that my cancer was found when it was and my recovery has been as successful as it has been. I'm still running - completed a half marathon (13.1 miles) in the Mohave desert last October and have now run close to 7,000 miles since my surgery. I do believe that exercise has benefited me tremendously in my recovery and my present good quality of life. I hope I can run for many more years. Best of luck to all other survivors and those fighting this disease. I hope to see you all again next year, if not sooner.

Jerry

html>

Congratulations Jerry on your seven years survivorship,I just love good news stories.I am really impressed with your running abilities,dont think I would manage to run to the front of my garden.Do drop by more often,LOL.