My father

I spent some time contemplating if I should post this or not, but I've decided to do so. This is only my third post on here, but my father passed away on Monday the 8th. He declined pretty rapidly these last two weeks, the cancer had spread a bit further. The previous spots got better with treatment, but I guess the spreading was too much already. I am heart broken that it was such a quick thing, we went to a baseball game just March 12th and he went to a concert a week after that, but I take comfort in knowing he is not suffering. He hated being bed ridden, which is what it came down to these last 2 weeks or so. I only hope I can be strong enough to be here completely for my mom. I want to try to find some grief counseling but i'm not sure she will be open to that. I want you all to know that you gave my dad and my family HOPE. He loved reading your stories and comparing cases and found lots of hope in you all. We had hope up until the very last minute and I encourage you all that are battling this AWFUL disease to do the same. Thank you so much,

Erika

Erika my thoughts prayers and condolences. Many of us have waled the same path before and understand completely... Grief takes time and everyone deals with it differently... hugs prayers and condolences again to you and family..

Erika.....I too am saddened to read this post. I bet your dad was very proud of you as we all are too dear one. Please visit again and let us know how you and your family are doing. We care! ((hugs))

Hi Erika,

I am so sad to hear of your Dads passing,I was so hoping that he would have much more time.I was pleased to read he was still actively enjoying life right up to the end.He was blessed by having a loving caring family around him,please accept my sincere condolences.

Erika

I am so sorry to hear this news and so sorry you have to go through this at such a young age. I am glad that you found this site to come to, please don't stop checking in, we care about you and want to know you are ok. I think looking for grief counseling is a very good idea, even if your mom isn't ready, if you are, go.

I have children close to you in age, I believe that the love and support you gave your dad, and your mom, made a huge difference to him - helped him feel more at peace and comforted.

Peace to you -

Janet

Thank you all for your kind responses. I am so thankful for the time spent with my dad and all the beautiful memories I have with him! I'm not sure where we will go from here but I just hope to be here for my mom. I can't imagine what she's feeling, they were married 27 years and his 49th bday is the 20th of this month. Instead of a funeral, we are having a big memorial at the beach, just as he wanted. I agree, the counseling may be necessary, just to sort through the emotions. However, having so much love and support has been a big help as well as knowing the pain cannot get to my dad anymore. I hope you all stay strong along your own journeys and kick cancer's butt!

Love to all of you,

Erika

I am also so sad to hear this news. I am glad that your Dad was able to get out and enjoy life for as long as he was able. He obviously had a very special family and I know that gave him great comfort. I think counseling can be of great help for everyone, especially during what I think is the most difficult time - when everyone goes back to their "normal" life, but things are forever changed. My thoughts are with all of you.