celebrex

karenl

Hi

I have been doing some research into using celebrex in conjunction with chemo, and there seem to be some promising results. (My mother has stage IV)

I was wondering whether any of you have any info/experience you'd like to share, and whether there are any side effects.

Thanks for taking the time!

Karen

I think celebrex is like aspirin and some people's stomach may not be able to tolerate it. Or people that can not take aspirin may not

be able to take celebrex.

It is supposed to be easier on the stomach but some people (like my mom) can not handle it.

Thanks for sharing. Will look into it a bit further, and Mum and Dad are going to discuss it with the Onc next week. Mum is having a scan tomorrow to determine whether the chemo is having any effect. Crossing all our fingers and toes, and hoping that all of you having tests get the results you are praying for too.

Karen

My husband has been on Celebrex 200mg twice a day since Oct.03 along with Carbo/taxol. I suggested the Celebrex to the onc. and he agreed. The first week he took 200mg no diarrhea or stomach problems so they increased the dose. If you go to Search and put in Celebrex lots of pros and cons also clinical trial. Hope this helps Carolyn

I also told our onc. about Celebrex and he agreed to have Earl take it when he started on the Carbo/Taxol chemo. He started at 200mg 2x a day and then since he seemed to tolerate it he was increased to 400mg 2x a day.

He stopped the chemo about 10 days ago and is now on Iressa but the onc. has him continuing the Celebrex. Says there does appear to be some good news with the Celebrex.

Ginny