An update

Pinky

My dad had his biopsy and results back, and it ISN'T cancer!!!!!!! He has iron deposits there. I want to thank you ALL for every kind and encouraging word. I am very sorry that I wasted your time too. I am sooooooooooooo very thankful that it isn't cancer...and I REALLY feel for you guys. I don't know how you do it. I didn't even have the results back for him yet and I was already TERRIFIED....I can't even BEGIN to imagine what you guys go through. I just wanted to say that you are all welcome to email me if you ever need to talk or rant or "need a shoulder to cry on". Once again, I thank you all very much for everything and hope and pray that you ALL have a miracle and get through this just fine!!!!!!!

I don't even know if I have gotten the right words out to how much I appreciated how quick and encouraging your posts were to me. Thank you.

Love,

Kim

Pinky,

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :):D:lol: That's so terrific. I'm soooooo happy for you and your dad.

A few years ago, my dad had surgery to remove something that "might" have been cancer on/near his thalmus (? I'm afraid I've blocked it a bit, it was so scary). Anyway, I flew to Texas to be there with him and my mom, and I will never, ever forget when the doctor came out to tell us, "We'll have to wait for the lab tests to confirm, but I can tell you by sight that this was not cancer. He's going to be fine." I'm crying just remembering it. And here we are, years later, and he IS fine. I hope as much for your dad.

So you see, I know how you feel. "Not cancer" is beyond comparison to any other feeling! I join you in rejoicing tonight!!!

BeckyCW

Everyone of us here are thankful for your good news. You have had an experience that not many have. You have seen and felt the fear and now the joy. Please don't ever forget that. You and your dad are very lucky but there are so many every day who get the bad news instead of the good. You have the the chance to turn a bad situation in to something good. You know now even better than ever how precious you loved on is. Hold on to that feeling

Rejoice in your good news but don't forget the experience. Tell people what you learned while visiting with us. You have seen that we have a message that needs to get to the world. Often the people with lung cancer are ignored. We need a spoksman that does not have cancer in their life but understands what it can do. Spread the words you have seen here. Make what you have learned count. Maybe someday you will be a part of someone else hearing the best news there could be. NO CANCER!!

Oh, Kim, no apologies necessary...We are all just so happy for you and your Dad. Please, you did NOT waste our time, in fact you gave us all a reason to be happy, AND you gave Dean the opportunity to say "I told you so!" :lol:

No time waste here. Whenever you get the opportunity to "meet" a great person, how is that EVER a waste of time. And I am sure that we wouldn't mind an update every now and again...I'm sort of curious about the iron deposits, how does THAT happen? And what do they do about it?

Well, just know that we are all celebrating with you and your family.

Take care, and ENJOY the news!!! Deb

Hello I have a request. For any of you that spoke to BartZiggie (Greg). I am a good friend of his mom. She is really having a difficult time dealing with his death. I have printed many things off this site to show her that he did help people. Which she has found some comfort in. But I was wondering if some of you would be willing to email her personally to share with her. She doesn't have a computer but if you could email them to me I would pass them on to her. I would really appreciate it. Email me at hidenseek61@aol.com.. Again thank you..