Port Day

OhioKat

Todays the day I get the port inserted (I keep wanting to say installed.. guess I spend too much time on the computer) Lucky me.. they called and want me there at 11:30 am so I don't have to struggle with that 18+ hour fast I would have if it went off as originally scheduled at 4:45 this evening.

Thanks for all the support & advice. I just hope its over fast so I can grab some lunch LOL.

Darn shame this port isn't a USB.. imagine all the nifty toys I could plug & play into it :lol:

Guest cbysea1

Hello OhioKat,

I want to wish you well on your port procedure.I know when it is in place you will be so glad you have it.I have talked to the other patients I meet in chemo and radiation and they all are so glad they have it.

I know how bad it hurts to blow veins over and over trying to get your iv's in. OUCH!

You seem have such a wonderful spirit.

I come and read here when I need to hear positive affirmations.

For this being a cancer board I am amazed at all of you all and your wonderful attitudes.I gain strength and courage every time I read posts on this site.

I have a son named Zachariah, my son is 29. I don't find many young women naming their boys Zachariah or Zachary. Great names I think. :lol:

Have a great day,

Cheryl_Child of God

Well I'll all ported up now and dayum it hurts. I'm really nervous now about having them stick a needle in the port since it seems my entire next & chest are over sensitive now. Hoping that by tomorrow it'll be even less sensitive.

Its amazing finding out just how many movements you do that have a direct effect on your neck muscles.

Thanks so much for everyones support and kindness.

(((hugs)))

Guest Rosie (at the library)

I'm so glad everything went well.

Mom's seemed to be better once the initial swelling went down.

Love and blessings,

Tammy :)