Shoosy1 Posted September 8, 2017 Share Posted September 8, 2017 Hello everyone I am a new member and I have to thank my darling wife for finding this site. She is my rock!!! Since October of 2016 I have been backwards and forwards to the hospital with recurring abdominal pains, bloating, nausea and vomiting. I have lost count of the MRI's, CAT scans and x-rays that I have been through. The majority of ER docs have gone down the road of diverticulosis and have viewed the scans with concentration on the GI track. They keep me in hospital for a couple of days, feed me drugs via IV then send me home. A few days or weeks later I'm back again with the same symptoms!! Nobody seemed to know exactly what was going on. Early August I was back again and was lucky enough to have a gastroenterologist on duty in the ER. He ordered yet another MRI, endoscopy, colonoscopy and barium swallow. Apart from removing a couple of polyps during colonoscopy he found nothing! Mid August I was back again and yet another MRI. I thank the good Lord that this particular ER doc did not just concentrate on the GI track but went above and beyond to study the whole picture. Then it came, "I'm sorry to tell you Sir, but we've found a mass on your left lung." I went cold and couldn't think of a thing to say. All I could think of was how the heck do I break this to my dearest wife? Ultimately there was only one way, direct and straightforward and draw our battle plans! The next step was a needle guided biopsy. I was informed that the results would be back in 48 hours. Two days later I was informed that the local path lab could not be certain and had sent the specimen to a more specialized lab and this would take a further 5 days! I guess I don't have to tell the majority of you guys that the wait is horrendous! Eventually the report came back and I took it to my Primary Doc for translation. After all the waiting I braced myself for the worst but no, here we go again!!! It turns out that the lab did not receive enough tissue for complete analysis!!!!!! But hey, I am blessed with having an absolutely wonderful primary and he immediately referred me to an oncologist and a PET scan. I waited a week for the PET scan which was 2 days ago and now have to wait until Monday for the oncologist appointment. My wife is a little nervous that this doc is not board certified but at least we are hoping for some definitive answers. If it turns out that we get the worst news then my wife insists that we find a board certified oncologist. Any thoughts on this??????? Thanks in advance for listening and we'll post developments as they occur. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.