Judy M.

Judy,

I so appreciate that you enjoy your "quiet life in the country".  I can relate - After moving out of my parents home (which is in a smallish town, but has grown a ton since I was a kid), I bounced around from apartment to apartment.  I was never really comfortable and always enjoyed going HOME to my parents.  That is where I could truly relax.  My husband and I always had to goal of owning a reasonable sized piece of land so we did not have neighbors on top of us.  We finally made that dream a reality and bought a home on 5 acres, out in the "country".  And this is the first time I feel that my HOME is my own home.  When I visit my parents now, I'm happy to be there, but it is no longer home. It sounds like your home is your solace, a place to heal and relax.  I'm happy to say that I can finally relate and so happy that you have a wonderful place to call home!

I hope today is going okay for you.

Take Care,

Steff

Received answer from Oncology APN this morning. She says they presented my case to 5 Oncologists and all agreed that Carboplatin+Taxol/Avastin is the best route for me. I wonder if I can survive such a rough chemo after all the treatment I've had and I know my quality of life won't be good. Tom survived more, but I'm not Tom. It's a hard decision. Will just keep praying and hope the nih gives me their opinion fairly soon. 

Judy M. 

Judy,

You can do this thing!  Get a paper calendar. Mark your infusion days on the calendar. As you complete each, cut out the calendar square and burn it!  As it goes up in smoke, imagine the thousands of cancer cells screaming as they are destroyed by the drugs. 

Bring on the drugs. Smoke that cancer. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

Archived