ct scan tomorrow

bes

just checking in with a change in meds and an additional anti-nausea medication added this week has been a little better.  I finally got him to get on the scale as I knew he was losing weight even though he told me different-- he has lost another 5lbs.  CT scan is tomorrow at 8 a.m. by 10 a.m. I will have the results as they are posted on the patient portal but we don't see oncologist until Tuesday to discuss the results--I will know before the Dr. does.  I will post again tomorrow with the results

Sorry but I'm unable to post the results of my hubby's ct scan at his request--he doesn't want to know the results until he see the oncologist on Tuesday afternoon. I have read them but even I am not sure of the results since it seems to be different every time so I will post again after talking with the dr Tuesday.  Thanks for all the replies.

dr. visit was not what I was expecting as I had read the ct scan on Friday on patient portal.  I'm confused with the dr. assessment it told us the mass had grown a little bit.  In July he told us the mass had doubled in size to 3.3 x 4.1 x 3.6 CM which it had I saw the report and Friday's scan said 4.1 x 4.3 x 5.8 CM.  maybe I'm wrong but isn't this doubling again this seems to be more than a little bit.   Anyway I'm not the Doctor.  There is also a new spot a satellite nodule 7mm x 13mm he did say it could be cancer hard to tell at this point.  He gave my husband options of continuing with Keytruda, taking a break or trying Chemo but said the last option would be hard on him since his lungs are compromised with severe COPD.  My husband choose to stay on Keytruda.  BTW the good news was that all other nodules were stable. 

bes,

Sometimes CT scans show tumor enlargement after starting Keytruda.  I'm told that is typical and the enlargement is due to inflammation from the immune system attacking your husband's cancer.  Not sure the dimension represent a doubling but they are an increase.

Stay the course.

Tom 

bes, I think it would be best if you ask the doctor to explain anything that doesn't seem to make sense to you.  Asking questions isn't like arguing with the doctor.  This is your husband and you guys have the right to ask whatever questions you need to so you can understand what's going on.  

As far as the "new" nodule goes, I have nodules that appear or disappear on various scans, and my doctor says when they are quite small, the angle of the scan (or the "slice" of the image) can sometimes miss it.  And no changes in the other nodules is good news.  

Archived