Looking for answers

Logan_Retske

Hello all, my name is Logan Retske, I am 17 years old. 15 years ago my father passed away from lung cancer, thats all I know. My mom have never really said much, and I am doing this on my own time. I found that my dad had an account on here, ( lenr8). I have found many of his replies, but his account wont let me see everything he has posted. I can see that he has posted 77 things, does anyone know if i can acess these, I'm trying to get a good idea of what happened to him and when, thank you. -Logan

Hi Logan. Really sad to lose your dad at such a young age! I'm sorry. I suggest you send a private message (it's the little envelope at the upper right of the screen) to LaurenH, Digital Community Manager, to ask if there is a way to access your dad's posts. Good Luck.

Bridget O

If you can open his profile (do a "member search") and then click in the upper right corner where it says "view their activity," you will see a column on the left side of the page that includes "posts."  If you click that, you should get all the posts, with the earliest ones at "last page."  Your mom posted the final posts, kindly letting the members here know about his death.

I'm very sorry, too, for your loss.  I hope this gives you some comfort.  It may give you some pain, too, so make sure you have some supportive adults you can talk to about it.  Your mom might do it, but it might be hard for her.  A school counselor might be a good choice.

Logan,

I was here 15 years ago and I remember Lenny.  You do have to do some searching to find the posts that he or Lori made.  https://forums.lungevity.org/profile/235-lenr8/?do=content&type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

Unfortunately I cannot direct you to posts that have been deleted by the user.  While this username shows 77 posts, many have been deleted  Also the account "lenr8" was deactiveated on September 3, 2013.  Our system doesn't tell us why.

I want you to know that your dad was well supported here and had many friends walking this journey virtually with him,

Best,

Katie

thank you all, after getting home I found out my mom kept everything he said, and all the replies on paper in a huge notebook. Absolutely incredible being able to see this time line and progression all the way until December 4th, 2003. I really thank all of you, especially Kate, for being there for my mom and dad in their hardest time. we have moved on from this as it was 15 years ago, but his legacy and love still runs strong in our family. Condolences to anyone who ever has to go through this or is going through it now. Such a scary time for many, many people

I'm so glad that the help they found here was so meaningful for them.  I wasn't around back in those days (diagnosed last year--thankfully, early stage), but I do know how comforting the people here were for me when I was new and scared, the way we all are when we first find out we are dealing with lung cancer.

My best to you and your mom--I have a feeling your dad would have been very proud of you.

Archived