babybragg

I was diagnosed of lung cancer that metastasized to my liver about a seven weeks ago. I guess I'm still in a daze when I think about it since I never smoked nor was I a heavy drinker.  I didn't live with anyone that smoked. Just having a hard time accepting it. 

Hi, baby,

Well, the only requirement for getting lung cancer is lungs.  I'm sorry about your diagnosis--it's always a shock, even when you're a smoker.  

What kind of treatment do you have planned (or are maybe already in)?

Welcome, glad you found us!  This is a great place for support and information.

Hello babybragg.  I want to welcome you also.  

Like LexieCat I want to ask if a plan of care is has been made and is it started.  That is so important.  

Was genetic testing done ?  Please keep us posted .   We have been through this too and know how difficult it is.

Donna G

I've had two chemo treatments so far.  I've been lucky so far and have had only one bad day after treatment.  My CT scan is scheduled for the 26th to see if the mass has shrunk at all and if not, then I'll probably do immunotherapy.  

Hi Babybragg,

I sure hope the chemo shrinks your mass. What type of cancer did they say you have?

Which immunotherapy drug are they considering for you? 

I have stage IV NSCLC...I've had two surgeries and chemo. When diagnosed, I was also shocked. I didn't have any of the risk factors either so they say it's just bad luck.

If you have any questions, please ask!

Best,

Ro

Glad to hear you're already getting treatment.  We have quite a few long-term survivors with advanced lung cancer, so there's a lot to be hopeful about.  Stick around, keep us posted.  We're here to help and support you (and maybe, on occasion, amuse you).  :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, babybragg,

How are you doing? We hope you get good results on your scan today! Please post an update when you can.

We are here for you,

Lauren

Digital Community Manager
LUNGevity Foundation

Archived