Doctor's Appointment Was Today

-Cheryl-

Hey Everyone,

I wish I could be more definative about my diagnosis, but the truth of the matter is that I feel I know no more than I did before. I had no tests done today, just met with onc to go over last CT. Basically, he said that report read that there was a met to lymph node in medastinal area on wind pipe, but lymph node was not significantly enlarged. Onc thinks it could also be from all the trauma endured from radiation ans surgery. He said, "Scans will continue to change post treatment. As long as I don't see any major changes, we will just continue to watch. We just can't do chemo every time we see a small change." I also found that there are three nodules in my left lung... could be cancer or scar tissue from a previous infection. So you see...I know nothing. It is a wait and see game. He did say he would call a doctor he knows doing studies on lung cancer and genetics to see if he is interested in me for a study to test my P53 gene. Won't help me none, but maybe others on down the line. I will see him again in 2 months. I also posted as a guest about an open trial that some of you may be interested in (stage 3b and 4). Check out the post to get the web site. It is going on all over, not just in Texas.

Cheryl

Well, Cheryl, I will be here waiting with the ice cream when you announce it was all scar tissue and "reaction" to chemo! I'll even give you the spoon I didn't lick (anticipation....makes me lick the empty spoon in excitement...LOL)

Hang in there!

Becky

Hi Cheryl---

Please do not get discouraged---reports are deceiving the way they word them---I have had many changes in my scans the past three and a half years after the operation , including really enlarged lymph nodes that they had to go in and look at and biopsy (all negative) -four months later they went back to almost normal --all my scan reports sounded like I was going to die on the way home from the Drs.--also I have nodules that come and go between every scan---

since we never really get scanned in our lives as a normal procedure, these things may come and go all the time without us ever knowing

hope you are feeling good and please try not to worry (I know easier said than done)

best wishes

best wishes

Cheryl, Isn't this constantly changing scans for the birds. I can't help but be a little anxious of all these "spots" they question. Seems like one scan they are wondering about an area in the upper lobe. Next time it isn't mentioned but one in the center lobe is. I have appointment to discuss my last ct scan with the medical radiologist tomorrow. I have questions that I want answered in person and couldn't make the trip last week due to the weather so heard the report by phone from the nurse. Will keep you in my prayers. God Bless

Cheryl, I am sorry that you are having to deal with such frustration. My family is going through this right now. We have really been yanked up and down, and not sure even now what is going on with my Mom's diagnosis.

So, just wanted to offer support, I understand the frustration. Yesterday I even ran a resident doctor in training right out of the room. I mean, come into the room, never seen this person before. We are there for an "answers" day w/our main doctor. And this person is like, "so, tell me how this started"

I'm like, get out of here and go read the chart. Send the doctor in here.

I know, rude of me, but I'm tired.

hugs to you,

Kelly

Dear Cheryl,

I know it must be so frustrating after all you have been through to still be watching and waiting. But, with all you are doing otherwise to keep your body healthy, I know you are going to be fine. With all your treatments you have told us about, you will create an environment in your body that wil not allow the cancer to be able to live and multiply. With that combined with your faith ------ need I say more!!!!!!????