Kate7617

Kate7617

Went on Tuesday for my CT scan, I call it ,scary scans, Problem is that my family doesn't "get it" maybe it isn't a "problem" maybe I have to realize that everyone handles things in their own way, not the way I may have expected, everyone is different. I have to wait until next Tuesday for the results, I won't be getting the results from my oncologist, she won't be there, and I will be seeing the nurse practionioner that is there when she isn't. It has been since June that I haven't had one, now I am in immunotherapy treatments, Durvalumab 6 treatments. Praying that I will get good results! Thank you to everyone for the support! Enjoy life one day at a time.

About four months into my dad’s battle with lung cancer I got upset in front of him.  He said he didn’t realize it was upsetting me that much.  Our trying to be strong in front of him and not letting him see us upset left him feeling like we weren’t really that upset.  Your family probably doesn’t get all of the emotions you are going through, but I’m sure they are more upset and care more than they are showing.  I didn’t understand what my dad was going through until I was diagnosed.  I wish I could go back and do it differently for him.  

Kate7617 - I believe most people are upset and worried, but are keeping it inside and not showing it to you because they don't want to cause you more stress. I know when my wife had uterine cancer 2-1/2 years ago and had to have emergency surgery followed by chemo and the radiation, I tried to show that I cared but didn't let on than I was worried sick as it would have just put more of a burden or stress on her. Now I am going through NSCLC and she is the same, appearing strong and saying everything will be all right, but I know she knows that the prognosis is not great and is worried. We're just being strong for each other and not having emotional breakdowns. I personally act like I am not overly concerned and it's just one of those things that so people go through. Congrats on Durvalumab #6, I made it to #18 and firmly believe that it did help delay progression or recurrence for me, but it appears that I will be changing "weapons" in a few weeks to try to fight it a different way.

Archived