Dad had a seizure yesterday...

Guest daddysgirl

Guest daddysgirl

Hi hun. Well Thursday he was transported from a really nice hospital in the area to a crappy rehab center. I swear this place just looks like a floor that they put you on to die and keep you out of the way. He was in the hospital ER yesterday after the seizure, but they still sent him for radiation and back to the center. They gave him Dilantin through IV, and saline because he was dehydrated. He was feeling better within a few hours. They are doing an MRI as soon as it can be scheduled but I thought this only happened when there are brain mets...Im hoping that Im wrong but I would rather know if its likely.

I know of some people that have had seizures from dehydration, terrible fatique, adverse reaction to meds. It could even be a tiny millimeter met that is just in that certain area that can triggure a seizure. If you are anything like me, you are probably very anxious. It helped me when I felt very anxious to take deep breathes and listen to myself breathe and close my eyes and sit alone for five minutes. Also, I think I mentioned this before, it's kind of cheesy, put it helps me...I picked a theme song. Christina Aguilera's "Stronger". Anytime I feel like crap and let down, I play it and it makes me toughen up and I feel like I will get through anything that comes my way...no matter what the outcome. Although I like to give positive feedback, I know you like honesty and no sugar coating, so here I go, ha!....I also would prepare for the worst, think of the best. How the heck I did that, I'm not sure...but when I prepared for the worst, it was less of a let down and not a shock, but when they'd give us good news, I was estactic. Let us know how it goes, okay? We are here for you.

We found out that my dad had lung cancer when he had a seizure. There were no signs at all. He came home from work and took a shower when he got out of the shower he had a full body seizure. He went to the hospital and then found out he had lung cancer that had spread to the brain allready. he was in stage IV and we didn't even know.

What hospital is your dad going to?? I live in Hershey. My dads doctors were in the Hershey med (pennstate medical)

Hope everything works out.

The information we received was that seizures or convulsions are a fairly common disorder. (healthy people without lc ) Husband had a seizure last May. He was transported by ambulance to hospital. Given ditantin with an IV. Had a MRI came back negative for brain mets. He hasn't had one since then. Hoping you hear the same good news we did. Carolyn