Quick update

TJM

Havent posted in awhile because I'm just plowing thru the Chemo phase. Last week was rough because the nausea medicine was triggering my cluster headaches. I chose vomiting and upset stomach versus acute pain but it drained my energy. Self medicating ( sort of) with steroids and last few days much better.

Finished up on third round Chemo today. No issues yet. Weight still good and blood counts ok. One more round of Chemo then radiation.  Starting to refresh my self on what to expect with radiation and the only question I havent got a good answer to is if radiation will make me more susceptible to the virus? I have found conflicting information.

I have been checking on posts and all of you have been in my thoughts. I feel fortunate that my treatment all started about a month before COVID 19. I feel for everyone whose treatment is being neglected. 

Peace

Tom

Good to hear from you Tom.

Just a comment on radiation ... since my wife finished her radiation on April 7th, she has felt better and better. Even her 4th cycle of chemo last week didnt cause my wife the usual lousy feeling. This would seem to suggest that radiation was a huge culprit in her feeling lousy. Although, I'm sure the combo of chemo and radiation was probably pretty rough too. Her fatigue is falling away as well as the "lump in her throat" feeling. She's eating a lot better and doesn't need a wheel chair or walker to get around anymore.

Hopefully, radiation is kinder to you, especially since it is after chemo. Keep us posted.

Steve

Steve,

Wonderful to hear your wife is finally starting to feel better. The difference between our two experiences may be me not doing radiation at the same time? Had a good friend who told me she found radiation more taxing then Chemo. Huge fatigue element.

Hope your wife continues to improve. I feel the best I have yet (no headaches) but expect it to go downhill soon enough. Now that I can see the end of the Chemo my spirits are up.

Peace

Tom

Archived