Radiation side effects

Rachel

Well, the fatigue seems to be getting better, but, I am now experiencing nausea & some dizziness from the full head radiation I had. My last treatment was on Feb 26. It's odd to me because I only just started having these side effects maybe a week ago & the dizziness seems to be worse each day. Has anyone else that had full head radiation for mets or PCI had the same experience? If so do you remember how long they lasted? Thank you for any insight. Rachel

Thanks Mo for that information. I will see my internist on Tues and have him check the inside of my ears. Hop your doing ok with the Topotecan. I'm ready for the dizzines to go away. There is gardening to be done uo here & the season is short enough. Take care...Rachel

Hi Rachel,

I LOVE your picture! :):):)

I just wanted to add, although I have never had WBR or PCI, I still wouldn't wait to long to talk to your doc. I would even call your Radiation Doc and tell him/her about this dizziness. This is NOTHING to second guess and you ALWAYS want to be ON TOP of problems. I hope you'll call your Doc on MONDAY!

Hope your doing better real SOON!

Granted my husband had a brain tumor, a seizure, a craniotomy and wbr, he gets dizzy all the time, especially when he changes position.

His neurosurgeon says it is nerve damage and will probably never get all better.

Hope yours is just temporary.

Ginny

If they have not put you on steroids you may need some. It is a possibly you are having some brain swelling. I had the same thing. But watch the steroids too. They gave me a horrible case of thrust and I lost 20 lbs.