Keytruda vision side effects

javaroast

Javaroast,

Welcome to our forum.  There are different articles available regarding the side-effects of Keytruda and vision is mentioned in some of them.  I have not had this type of therapy so I cannot speak to it from experience.  Perhaps another member can but in the meantime I believe you should discuss this with your doctor to determine the severity of the side-effect and any actions that can be taken to reduce it.  It is good news to hear that the therapy is reducing the tumor and I pray that continues for you.  Please remember to come back here and tell us what your doctor determines and the outcome.

Lou

Hello and welcome,

I am in a bunch of Facebook Keytruda groups, and vision issues, sometime just temporary, are very common. But of course you should always raise it with your medical team. Also ensure that your thyroid is being checked regularly as Keytruda is known to the thyroid and may cause eye problems.

Wonderful to hear you are otherwise having good results!

I am not on immunotherapy but take targeted therapy, which can causes eye/vision problems. I asked my GP for a referral to an ophthalmologist and they plan to have regular checkups on my eyes. Maybe you can  arrange for something similar, for peace of mind?

• 2 weeks later...

See an opthamologist to determine what's going on with your eyes. My targeted therapy (Tagrisso) can cause vision issues, so a few months after starting it I went to an ophthalmologist for a baseline exam. All was normal, even though I have occasional blurry vision due to Tagrisso.