Mike

Mike 0514

I was diagnosed with stage 3a nsclc in August 2021. I went thru a clinical trial of chemotherapy-radiation and immunotherapy for 1 year ending October 2022. I was NED January 2022 to July 2023. My recent scans confirmed metastasis to both adrenal glands. I am now in discussions with my oncologist for next steps. 

Edited by Mike Hylla

Mike,

Sorry you need to be here but glad you found us.  I'm sorry to hear about the mets on the adrenal glands.  I have a friend who just had that situation and recently had surgery.  She is doing well now and I hope you have a good outcome as well.  Please keep us updated and ask any questions you may have.  

Lou

Mike,

Welcome. Thankfully, lung cancer treatment has vastly improved since my diagnosis in 2004. I note you had a clinical trial as your first-line therapy. Perhaps a different form of immunotherapy is available. Also, I suggest you broker a consultation with a radiation oncologist about precision radiation to address the metastasis in your adrenals. Radiation oncologists are getting very aggressive treating multifocal tumors.

Let us know how your consultation goes and...

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Mike,

That is incredible. We are cancer siblings! I was also diagnosed in August 2021, have had immunotherapy and radiotherapy on a trial for my NSCLC stage 4 and was all clear. But discovered metastases to both adrenals. 
The recommendation from my team was unequivocally to have them both removed in surgery. They felt that would be my best chance of NED. 
So I am now 10 days out from surgery, and getting used to my new regimen of steroids. If you end up in a similar path, I can share my experience in more detail. 

I’ll be extremely curious to hear what they recommend to you. 
Best, Rikke

• 1 month later...

Hello --- thank you for your feedback and thoughts.  I had surgery to remove my left adrenal gland and a partial to my right adrenal gland.  Focused radiation was a second alternative to the right adrenal gland; however, one stop shop treatment was the objective.  The results of the surgery went well in that both deposits were successfully removed, and I do not have to take any daily steroid supplement.  The next step going forward is continued control.